EvoShield Catchers Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
$750...Do they have a lease program? ;)

Kids grow out of gear just like shoes.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
$750...Do they have a lease program? ;)

Kids grow out of gear just like shoes.

For a growing kid, no way. For my DD, who hasn't gotten taller in 3 years, I might consider it IF it proves to be something SIGNIFICANTLY better than other options. At this point in time, she can keep using her Easton/WIlson/All-Star gear mix.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
For a growing kid, no way. For my DD, who hasn't gotten taller in 3 years, I might consider it IF it proves to be something SIGNIFICANTLY better than other options. At this point in time, she can keep using her Easton/WIlson/All-Star gear mix.
Just for conversation
What would SIGNIFICANTLY be?
Lighter
More Durable-Last longer?

Will still get scratched up.
So? Less scratch resistsnt lol
Will it matter if it lasts longer but the color doesnt match your team anymore.

@EricF
Like you mentioned your dd
Mix Match gear, it can fit better.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just for conversation
Lighter

@EricF

"Significantly" would mean all of it - more comfortable, lighter, better fitting, more protective, more durable, etc. I'm not saying that the Evoshield stuff is all - or any - of that. It's too early to tell. I'm just being theoretical about what might get me to consider spending a lot of money on gear for my DD, who is done growing.

I'm intrigued by the concept of the multi-piece leg assembly in order to get a custom fit for the player, but Blue makes a valid point that a closer fit might not be a benefit for impacts. The website doesn't show what the inside of the custom-molded lower section looks like for padding, or if there is any.

Black and/or white matches every team ;)

Apr 28, 2019
I was going to
That’s a great deal. I’ve been waiting on ordering a set of All-Star AFX gear until the EvoShield came out. That price tag sealed the deal for me.

With that said, any All-Star reps or distributors on this forum before I order online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to go with Allstar Vela Pro, AFX or S7 gear. Until I found out Allstar makes UA gear in same factory and you can get it for less.
You just have to cross reference and make sure your getting the same features and quality gear.
UA makes some entry level/mid range gear that isn’t as good as top shelf Allstar gear.
The Converge Pro or Pro 4 seem to be the better sets from UA comparable to System 7 Axis gear.
If you must have Allstar gear I believe I have a 1 time 15% off promo code.

Oct 3, 2019
I was going to

I was going to go with Allstar Vela Pro, AFX or S7 gear. Until I found out Allstar makes UA gear in same factory and you can get it for less.
You just have to cross reference and make sure your getting the same features and quality gear.
UA makes some entry level/mid range gear that isn’t as good as top shelf Allstar gear.
The Converge Pro or Pro 4 seem to be the better sets from UA comparable to System 7 Axis gear.
If you must have Allstar gear I believe I have a 1 time 15% off promo code.

Thank you for that information. DD is currently set on a white set of gear. Jen Schro large helmet was too big, can’t find a white small. All-Star is currently sold out of small white chest protectors.

We’re in CA and shut down so we’re not in a huge rush. I would like to get her a new set sooner than later. I will look into the UA some more and call all-star tomorrow. Thanks again MB22.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
From what I'm seeing, once the lowers are molded, and the entire assembly is put together, they go on and off like any other legs, with the exception of the toe strap thing. That said, I don't see that toe strap lasting very long.

I like the idea of being able to custom shape and size the legs. I'm interested to see these in person.

I thought the same thing with our DD's current Mizuno Samurai set as the leg guards have a strap that goes under her cleat but she actually likes it because it keeps the flap that goes on top of her cleats from moving around all the time.

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
Just for conversation
Lighter

@EricF

I think for me significantly better is having the legs stay in place. Everything just moves around so much. I don't know how much shin protection is actually used in ball strike protection, if it is a layer of hard material and doesn't move I'd say that is a huge improvement in mobility.

And awesome that the FP legs are $10 more expensive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802