Essential Practice Equipment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Going different way with this.

1 would be enough adults to keep all the players busy, they do not need to know anything about SB.

2 would be enough space to practice.

3 backstop is nice

4 pitching machine is nice too

Sep 21, 2017
PA
Looks like @Westwind has the offensive wrapped up. Awesome list! Those BFT half bats are great, btw!

If I'm running a defensive practice, give me... (assuming you have a field, bases, coaches to run practice)

I'll steal Westwind's 12 dozen new pearls and give me a few metal ball carts, on wheels. Heck, give me 15 dozen, why not?

Enough Valle Eagle KK training gloves for all infielders, along with a few Eagle 975's.

Two dozen cones and a couple ladders for various I/O drills.

For my catchers...

Hack Attack Jrs...I don't want to lug around that other monster.

A few dozen Baden dimples.

A few dozen JZ Multi Curve balls.

iPhone to film and Pocket Radar to measure overhand speeds.

Extra throw down home plates.

Valle half pocket training glove.

Turf bull pens/batters boxes to work in.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
If money is no issue, can we send some stacks of cash to the parents of good players so those kids come to my school?

I could get buy kinds of fancy equipment, or I could just buy the talent and rest on my laurels.

Dec 11, 2010
Looks like @Westwind has the offensive wrapped up. Awesome list! Those BFT half bats are great, btw!

If I'm running a defensive practice, give me... (assuming you have a field, bases, coaches to run practice)

I'll steal Westwind's 12 dozen new pearls and give me a few metal ball carts, on wheels. Heck, give me 15 dozen, why not?

Enough Valle Eagle KK training gloves for all infielders, along with a few Eagle 975's.

Two dozen cones and a couple ladders for various I/O drills.

For my catchers...

Hack Attack Jrs...I don't want to lug around that other monster.

A few dozen Baden dimples.

A few dozen JZ Multi Curve balls.

iPhone to film and Pocket Radar to measure overhand speeds.

Extra throw down home plates.

Valle half pocket training glove.

Turf bull pens/batters boxes to work in.
I like how you think!

I always forget that the team has a glove on their hand half of the game!

Dec 11, 2010
A fully equipped heated and air conditioned indoor facility large enough to run an infield practice, and a full-sized ball field just outside. :p
Oh yes. This would be awesome.

The one I built in my head is something like 70x100. Maybe 20’ sidewalls. Floor heat and hanger/bifold doors on the ends. Full netting, couple cages on one end.

Even in the summer you could do at least one full practice per week indoors and get a lot done. If you insulated it well (especially the ceiling) you could open up the ends and it would be pretty pleasant most days.

Might as well have an outdoor diamond too. Regular infield. But I’m also thinking open field hitting stations or booths. Kind of like Top Golf, just not stacked.

Dec 11, 2010
Its gonna take some coaches to get this deal done Rad!

Team Westwind Gold is going to have integrated age practices (see the book The Talent Code) and team coaches will coach giant combines all week at The Facility and then break off into teams every week.

Teams will be somewhat fluid, allowing some opportunities to travel to distant tournaments and some to stay close to home. This keeps the players fresh and the parents only go partially broke.

Im revealing my evil plan for World Domination here. Would only take a few mil to get done. I’ll be an Oligarch of Fastpitch when this is done. Conroy and Uncle Tony will beg to bring me teams.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802