ESPN Radar

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Alabama intentionally walked a batter vs Arkansas and they put up 73 mph for a pitch out! We’re going to see 80+ pretty soon.

I am really not sure why ESPN has such issues with this. It is not like they are consistently higher or even a consistent amount higher... and then sometimes it is way off and reporting lower speeds.

This season I have seen Killfoyl at 77 one week and 63 the following week on the same pitch on their radar systems. And having been behind the plate in some of her HS games in Florida, I will tell you the truth is somewhere in the (higher) middle of that.

I don't know if they have issues with their systems or they not using their equipment and rely on the college for a speed system or they just set it up poorly or what.

May 16, 2016
How about Clemson's Valerie Cagle? I showed this clip to my DD, and she was like... "Meh...". Then I asked her if she was looking at the radar... her eyes got big and she exclaimed... "What the heck?!?!?!" Not much impresses her, but Valerie Cagle did.

1618507762415.png

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Cagle is a legit hard thrower--she is originally from central VA. She's not cruising at 73-74mph, but she is 68-70mph for sure. Mostly a drop ball pitcher.

Sep 19, 2018
ESPN had Cagle consistently 73/74 against Duke a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how far off the numbers are but the batters don't look like they are having any fun at all.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
If you really want to get messed up, flip through the channels and come across a Japanese league game. 144 on the radar display will get your attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802