Equipment Buys at My House

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Me: I'll bet you're catcher leg guards are getting too short. I found some good ones on clearance in your color. They're on their way.
DD: What? I don't want new legs. I like my old ones.
Me: Put them on....

Measuring and marking where her knee hits the pad ensues...
The knee cap is hitting the top of the pad...
Near tears and grumbling from DD...

2 Days later...

Me: Shins are here.
DD: Can I open them now?
DD: Pretty. They fit! I love them! I''ll start wearing them after try outs. I don't want them to think I don't practice because they're new.

This is the way equipment buying works at my house. Fierce sentimentality for any piece of gear that's been through the battles with her, then a complete turn around to "Out with the old. In with the new."

New gloves take a much longer grieving process.

May 6, 2015
I wish it were that easy for my DD. Basically have to get rid of old stuff for her to move on to new (but of course the flip side is you like to hold onto it as a backup/spare). she was looking through DSG catalog that came in mail the other day, shrugged said I dont really need anything, I said we would probably have to get her new cleats, she said she wanted to wear her old ones, finally relented when I said they probably would not fit (she is a 2007, so her shoe size seems to change immediately after any foot wear purchase greater than $20). same with street clothes too, refuses to get rid of something unless she absolutely cannot get it on.

Oct 21, 2016
I wish it were that easy for my DD. Basically have to get rid of old stuff for her to move on to new (but of course the flip side is you like to hold onto it as a backup/spare). she was looking through DSG catalog that came in mail the other day, shrugged said I dont really need anything, I said we would probably have to get her new cleats, she said she wanted to wear her old ones, finally relented when I said they probably would not fit (she is a 2007, so her shoe size seems to change immediately after any foot wear purchase greater than $20). same with street clothes too, refuses to get rid of something unless she absolutely cannot get it on.

I so feel you with the cleats. Last season DD went through 6 pairs of cleats. Every time I turned around she had outgrown another pair. She is almost 15 now and I think (hope/pray) she is done growing because the last growth spurt was expensive.

Jul 14, 2010
Had exactly that conversation re:leg guards last year! This happened 3 weeks ago... decided to send back to Nokona to relace - DDs face dropped as soon as she saw the UPS guy toss the box in the bin on drop off. Tracked the flight of the box all the way there. Glove returned and delivered to doorstep this am. More than 1 of us is anxious to see it again!
190256e5c7bbad0d4a2fb673717ea96c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2018
Had exactly that conversation re:leg guards last year! This happened 3 weeks ago... decided to send back to Nokona to relace - DDs face dropped as soon as she saw the UPS guy toss the box in the bin on drop off. Tracked the flight of the box all the way there. Glove returned and delivered to doorstep this am. More than 1 of us is anxious to see it again!
190256e5c7bbad0d4a2fb673717ea96c.jpg

I just sent in a catcher mitt to nokona for a relace and repad. Interested to see how satisfied you were with their work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2010
I just sent in a catcher mitt to nokona for a relace and repad. Interested to see how satisfied you were with their work.

cab55feec1c6d22cc6ffbe48df2a5eef.jpg

Got this pic off video - can’t get ahold of DD so I am assuming she’s trying it out! We asked for the white laces - she wears white gear. HS coach said red and yellow were banned colors. I found everyone that I emailed to be great. When I asked for an update they checked for me. Very pleased.

Aug 18, 2018
Thanks for the info. I also found everyone very helpful when I emailed nokona. Looks like they did a great job on the glove.

Jul 14, 2010
Thanks for the info. I also found everyone very helpful when I emailed nokona. Looks like they did a great job on the glove.

My daughter went over all the marks on the glove, “even the kangaroo is visible cause it’s not caked in mud”. HS open practice tomorrow snowed out :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28