Enjoy it while it lasts.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
DD attends school locally, and her fall practices are done. Having a good handle on her finals, I was able to get her out to hit and throw with the Old Man. Beautiful December day...not a cloud in the sky...mid-50s.

Her arm has been better than mine for awhile, and now it's a LOT better. She says after a longer throw, "that looked like it hurt"...my reply..."it did" :oops:.

She crushes ball after ball off my pitching, and scares me a few times when a liner bounces off the net. We talk about the coaches and team politics while picking up balls. I've yet to see her practice or play because no one outside the team is allowed inside the stadium...university's Covid rules. :mad:

Just a Saturday afternoon outside throwing and hitting. No big accomplishment, or is it? ;)

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Our family had a tradition. Every Father’s Day I played catch with my DS and then My DD. Even though we played catch 1-7 times a week anyway. It was a tradition. Even after
My son stopped playing baseball we did it, even when the kids went away to college we did it.

Both kids are living out of state now. And we can't do it. These are the things you will miss.You can replay HRs and striking out the side in your mind. But these are the real memories. If you aren’t cultivating these sort of memories and are focusing on the minutia of the swing...,you might be focusing on the wrong things.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
This is something I’ve jumped on right away with DD. A lot of times “practice” is just playing (underhand) catch with Dad. We just talk and laugh at each other while we throw. Or we just go to an open field and I’ll soft toss to just let her swing away. I don’t coach/critique. Just an excuse to enjoy something we both love together. She’ll be 13 in April and 21 the day after it feels like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 9, 2020
I cherish these times with my two girls one who is senior in college attending law school in fall to work in sports law, has worked for mlb and the mets and her university athletic department so she is paving her way, she loves to watch and analyze the games , my younger is the one who prefers to play the game. she is playing next year few hours from home, so I am selfishly enjoying the pandemic time of them both being home since march, these are times and experiences and memories I will never get back , training, watching the games and working out in our gym together and having dinner together every night so I echo the statement enjoy it while it lasts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23