end of an era...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
A lot of people look at the doubleball in my online store (riseball training aid) and wonder about the white ball that is attached. There is no reason for one ball to be white, another yellow.... I just had white ones left over when I started making these and thought it looked pretty cool. Now, in another 2020 twist of fate, the white ball will be discontinued this year. The White Kmaster ball from Worth is still used in most North American men's fastpitch tournaments/leagues. The ball was the last of it's kind, being made and marketed solely for men's fastpitch. Rawlings/Worth gave notice they will cease making that ball this year. The main organization for men's fastpitch (ISC, International Softball Congress) has stashed a 3 year supply away so they can continue to use the white ball for 3 more seasons at the annual 40 team World Championships.

Oct 4, 2018
When my oldest DD started 8U Rec softball, one of the first comments I made at evaluations was:

"Huh, the balls are yellow now"

A coach near me said "What color did you expect them to be?"

I told him I hadn't been around softball since my sister played Bobby Sox in 1978. Balls were white back then.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Yeah...had a couple of old ones in my horse trough buckets of balls like you Bill. Had to get rid of them when the new style bats came out because the they were harder and would have absolutely destroyed the gap bats.

BLB

May 19, 2008
In a local slo-pitch league in our area, there are some players who are color blind and say they have trouble seeing the yellow ball when it's cloudy at around sunset.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019
Somewhere in my travels of picking up loose softballs, I have a orange one in DD's hit bucket, now where do you think that came from?

Aug 21, 2008
Somewhere in my travels of picking up loose softballs, I have a orange one in DD's hit bucket, now where do you think that came from?

Orange balls were novelty items, usually used in "winter tournaments" or "snowball softball" where teams play charity events in the snow. An orange ball is quite easy to see, and those were used long before the yellow ones became mainstream. I'm guessing a yellow ball in the snow might just look like the rightfielder pee'd and that could be distracting. lol. The only person I know who's pee might be orange is Donald Trump. ha ha ha ha.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Orange balls were novelty items, usually used in "winter tournaments" or "snowball softball" where teams play charity events in the snow. An orange ball is quite easy to see, and those were used long before the yellow ones became mainstream. I'm guessing a yellow ball in the snow might just look like the rightfielder pee'd and that could be distracting. lol. The only person I know who's pee might be orange is Donald Trump. ha ha ha ha.
Haha ... Just how far off the tracks can this thread go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802