Emma Progression 12/2020 update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2017
She like the high ones James? She tagged a couple of those really hard

She does well with those. We modeled Donaldson early on and his technique leads to being able to hit balls up in the zone with a lot of power. We have recently been trying to work in a Trout like swing for pitches in the lower part of the zone. I tell her hit the high ones like Donaldson and the low ones like Trout. You know because it is that easy. haha.

As has been stated even by Josh himself, he TTBs but only to set the plane. If you TTB to set the plane it really helps in hitting the high pitch.

1594033762993.png
Real high pitch here.
1594034091733.png

1594033852008.png
Still working on matching Trout. She has got to let those get a bit deeper. She is an aggressive hitter and wants to go get them sometimes.
1594034176675.png

Some folks laugh when I tell them we work on matching these great baseball hitters. My thing is she may never understand what I have learned (a ton from this board) but every time I show her a picture and say "see right here he is ....." she is able to relate it something she has seen. It doesn't take but a 1 to 2 minutes to show her and talk about something specific. Now she has something in her head that makes going to the field easier because we have laid a good mental foundation.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
James, I do think it's nearly impossible to get into a leveraged position and cover all pitches up/down in the zone without making some type of adjustment. Her current posture is set when leveraged for pitches up in the zone and adjusting low. Trout has had to adjust his posture some to handle pitches up in the zone.

Nov 16, 2017
James, I do think it's nearly impossible to get into a leveraged position and cover all pitches up/down in the zone without making some type of adjustment. Her current posture is set when leveraged for pitches up in the zone and adjusting low. Trout has had to adjust his posture some to handle pitches up in the zone.

Which begs an interesting question, which way is preferred, or does it matter? Set high and adjust low, or set low and adjust high, or completely dynamic. TM makes the corner argument which I don't really buy, where you can adjust to any pitch height just by the turn. In my study I see the great players adjust their posture dynamically to the pitch height. Obviously, that takes more athletic ability. And even in the group of the dynamic posture adjusters, you have a preference to start high adjust low(Donaldson) and vice versa(Trout). Thoughts?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Which begs an interesting question, which way is preferred, or does it matter? Set high and adjust low, or set low and adjust high, or completely dynamic. TM makes the corner argument which I don't really buy, where you can adjust to any pitch height just by the turn. In my study I see the great players adjust their posture dynamically to the pitch height. Obviously, that takes more athletic ability. And even in the group of the dynamic posture adjusters, you have a preference to start high adjust low(Donaldson) and vice versa(Trout). Thoughts?

From a fast pitch stand point I would say high and adjust low.. But if hitters have the ownership in their posture they can adjust the posture based on pitcher tendencies.

May 12, 2016
I like set for top of the strike zone and work down if needed. Much easier to adjust lower then higher.. based on my own personal experience. Posture will change depending on pitch location anyway, but it's much easier to adjust down

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom