Emma Progression 12/2020 update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Looking at how Emma creates her force(more horizontally). I would consider creating a more horizontal path with the bat(flatter). Like a Barry or Josh D. More down and across vs down and through like a Miggy or Votto. Get the head out a bit more. I think it will make a difference.

the theory goes, however the pelvis wants to move, the barrel should follow.

Apr 11, 2015
Just had of come out of read-only mode after reading this.....
I think the barrel will turn from getting the bat on plane with the pitch via the hands or arms.

I don’t think one should TTB rearward for speed.

....to ask, "Who are you, and what have you done with W=w?" 😁😁

But whomever wrote this...needless to say I agree with, and have for a long long time now. Well stated W=w. 👍👍

Jun 8, 2016
Just had of come out of read-only mode after reading this.....
....to ask, "Who are you, and what have you done with W=w?" 😁😁

But whomever wrote this...needless to say I agree with, and have for a long long time now. Well stated W=w. 👍👍
Might need to do a wellness check on him..the stay at home orders out there might be getting to him... :p
J/K @Work=wins has had some good stuff to say for a while now ;)

Nov 16, 2017
Looking at how Emma creates her force(more horizontally). I would consider creating a more horizontal path with the bat(flatter). Like a Barry or Josh D. More down and across vs down and through like a Miggy or Votto. Get the head out a bit more. I think it will make a difference.

I see what you are saying,

We have been doing the match game a bit.

1607381170588.png
1607381199915.png

Trout I believe is more of the down and through.

This is what we have been working on.

We have been doing a lot of t work where the goal is the back of the cage.

I definitely understand the difference between the 2 approaches. I know you said you determine which approach based on the hips. Can you be more specific in what you are looking at and do a comparison so that I can understand better.

Thanks,

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I see what you are saying,

We have been doing the match game a bit.

View attachment 20368
View attachment 20369

Trout I believe is more of the down and through.

This is what we have been working on.

We have been doing a lot of t work where the goal is the back of the cage.

I definitely understand the difference between the 2 approaches. I know you said you determine which approach based on the hips. Can you be more specific in what you are looking at and do a comparison so that I can understand better.

Thanks,

Yes. more of how the body unwinds, tilts and creates force to get to pitches. More east/west or more north/south. I think someone can do either. The approach of down and through would be powered a bit more w hip extension and the down and across is powered a bit more w rotation. Don’t get me wrong, they both use both. But I think one approach suits one movement pattern better than the other.

the natural movements I see your dd showing seems to fit the down and across pattern imo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101