Emma Humplik

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Yeah that field is definitely a regulation softball field that needs to be drug.
You can easily google her Sports Recruits page and see some game time HR's. One video has over 4700 views. It's a monster shot! According to the article, sounds like she is/was committed to A&M, but opened up her recruitment since her scholarship dollars were being reduced due to the extra year of player eligibility. I am pretty sure that will be case at every school. Someone will pick her up.

How can you tell it's a regulation field?

I think this young lady has a great looking swing. I'm sure she hits a lot of big HR's. But, as someone who routinely would get sent "videos" and recruitment clips to look at I know 1 thing for certain: we only get to see the highlights portion of the video. I'm exaggerating now but, you'll get my point, for all I know she swung and missed at the next 5 pitches. This is why recruiting videos always made me chuckle, I'd see the HR she hit or the final pitch of all 12 strike outs (but none of the other pitches or know she K'd the other 3 times at bat). I'd have much rather seen how the pitcher reacts after giving up her HR (temperament, composure, etc). Then see what her next pitch is like, so I can see how quickly she regathers herself. Or if the next girl got hit in the ribs from the previous home run.

Anyway, I'm not trolling on this gal. She looks great. I am just saying I'm usually a little skeptical of videos that are edited.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
But, as someone who routinely would get sent "videos" and recruitment clips to look at I know 1 thing for certain: we only get to see the highlights portion of the video. I'm exaggerating now but, you'll get my point, for all I know she swung and missed at the next 5 pitches. This is why recruiting videos always made me chuckle,

I am just saying I'm usually a little skeptical of videos that are edited.

I've seen the opposite. It was a local girl who was good, but not great. Her dad paid someone the big bucks to professionalize her video and then "market it." I think that means upload it to Youtube, but maybe there was more to it.

The graphics said "Left Handed Power Hitter." It consisted of her hitting soft toss from her Dad, but she never hit one over the fence or even off the fence. I thought, "You're not really making a case for your power."

Then came the pitching section. It was shot from behind her and a graphic would come up and say, "Fastball" or "Curveball" or what ever pitch she was trying to sell. From the video none of the pitches looked a damn bit different. No movement was detected from the video's perspective, maybe it was bad filming, or maybe it was because there wasn't any. Who knows?

I felt kinda bad for the kid and the family because they paid some "marketing group"
to make their kid look like crap. On the other hand, the kid was a prima donna and her parents were always causing dissension in her own team. The Mom once turned two teammates in for drinking to get them kicked off the team, but oops, they were at the coach's house that night and not at the party that the cops busted. She also stalked an opponent on social media and reported her to her high school athletic director for vaping. Her daughter vapes too, but I guess that wasn't so important.

F'n people, I tell ya.

Aug 21, 2008
But Bill the main reason the video went viral is because of the LACK of editing lol......... She hit 7 of 8 pitches out. No edits. That's the impressive part.

It's hard to play devils advocate without sounding like I"m trying to trash the girl. So if we can have a discussion with everyone agreeing that's not my goal or intent, we can continue. texasheat, the clip was 45 seconds long and she hit 8 in a row. Genuine question (not being a smarta$$): is that outrageous to hit 8 in a row with gentle soft toss? For a presumptive HIGHLY sought D1 recruit known for power? And again, we don't know how big that field is to say how far the ball is going over the fence. I STILL THINK THE SWING IS AMAZING AND SHE LOOKS GREAT. I'm only saying I am usually skeptical of videos.

Aug 21, 2008
Here is her skills video from 2016...hitting bombs at 13YOA?

And here is a version popular in Japan:

So the guy in the first video, her skills video: The guy at the :55 second mark throwing BP...... omg my arm is KILLING me just watching him do that!! I sincerely hope doesn't genuinely do that when throwing BP not used in skills videos!!! OUCH!

Apr 8, 2019
I never liked the idea of giving another year of eligibility to athletes. Your season got short changed and it sucks. It's time to move on. I know a girl on my DD's college team was chasing the all time HR record. Even though she is going to grad school at the same school, she is done. Not one senior coming back. Glasco is transferring in every stud he can get his hands on. 3 out of the 4 Freshman at UL are in the transfer portal. Hmmm...Wonder why? I saw that one of them just signed at another school. That's just another example of how this extra year is affecting programs.

Wow!!! They should do it for high school then. I know it sucks but this is so unfair the freshman coming in. I just can't believe it

May 16, 2016
Looks like the screen is sitting about 10 feet in front of 2nd base, on a baseball field. 2nd base to the fence on a 370" field is about 240". Nothing wrong with that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28