Emma Humplik

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Looks like a HS baseball field. If so those are 370+++

Huh? Do you know many HS baseball fields with all dirt infields? I don't. Clearly a softball field, no way to tell how big of a field it is. For all I know it's a 200ft Little League field. Yes, it's a good looking swing, yes they're going over the fence but there's no way to know how deep that fence is. And I'm always skeptical of these types of videos where so much is unknown. It looks good when someone is throwing soft toss at you. But does that translate into hitting in actual games? And I mean against good pitchers. Keep in mind, there's a great big difference between having a fantastic swing and knowing how to hit the ball (in games).

Want some evidence of this? Pedro Cerano routinely hit balls 400, 450 feet in BP until the pitcher threw a curveball. Then Pedro claimed the bat was afraid of the ball. (Reference the movie Major League if you don't follow that). lol.

Anyway, I'm not being critical. I'm just pointing out things a prospective coach would be thinking or asking.

May 23, 2015
Huh? Do you know many HS baseball fields with all dirt infields? I don't. Clearly a softball field, no way to tell how big of a field it is. For all I know it's a 200ft Little League field. Yes, it's a good looking swing, yes they're going over the fence but there's no way to know how deep that fence is. And I'm always skeptical of these types of videos where so much is unknown. It looks good when someone is throwing soft toss at you. But does that translate into hitting in actual games? .
Correct I only glanced at the bideo. I saw a green wall with advertisements typical of a baseball field and it looked like the L screen is sitting in front of a pitchers mound. Maybe little league?. The wide camera angle got me. Definitely does not normally translate to games.

I've never seen Major League but it sounds like a lot of MLB players. Offspeed turns grown men into boys in a hurry

When I finished baseball around 24 I played softball with a lot of big time players in the early 90s that could hit a ton. Routinely hitting 400, 425 and even 500 on rare occasion. None could hit a baseball

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Huh? Do you know many HS baseball fields with all dirt infields? I don't. Clearly a softball field, no way to tell how big of a field it is. For all I know it's a 200ft Little League field. Yes, it's a good looking swing, yes they're going over the fence but there's no way to know how deep that fence is. And I'm always skeptical of these types of videos where so much is unknown. It looks good when someone is throwing soft toss at you. But does that translate into hitting in actual games? And I mean against good pitchers. Keep in mind, there's a great big difference between having a fantastic swing and knowing how to hit the ball (in games).

Want some evidence of this? Pedro Cerano routinely hit balls 400, 450 feet in BP until the pitcher threw a curveball. Then Pedro claimed the bat was afraid of the ball. (Reference the movie Major League if you don't follow that). lol.

Anyway, I'm not being critical. I'm just pointing out things a prospective coach would be thinking or asking.

Yeah that field is definitely a regulation softball field that needs to be drug.
You can easily google her Sports Recruits page and see some game time HR's. One video has over 4700 views. It's a monster shot! According to the article, sounds like she is/was committed to A&M, but opened up her recruitment since her scholarship dollars were being reduced due to the extra year of player eligibility. I am pretty sure that will be case at every school. Someone will pick her up.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
member: said:
According to the article, sounds like she is/was committed to A&M, but opened up her recruitment since her scholarship dollars were being reduced due to the extra year of player eligibility. I am pretty sure that will be case at every school.
This is the real story affecting too many athletes!!! Added eligibilty debacle!!!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This is the real story affecting too many athletes!!! Added eligibilty debacle!!!
I never liked the idea of giving another year of eligibility to athletes. Your season got short changed and it sucks. It's time to move on. I know a girl on my DD's college team was chasing the all time HR record. Even though she is going to grad school at the same school, she is done. Not one senior coming back. Glasco is transferring in every stud he can get his hands on. 3 out of the 4 Freshman at UL are in the transfer portal. Hmmm...Wonder why? I saw that one of them just signed at another school. That's just another example of how this extra year is affecting programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802