Elite, Gold, etc

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2017
I'm looking for a Gold Platinum Ultra Elite All-Star Mega Star 8u team. Do you guys know of any in your area? LOL

Sorry only know of a Ultra Elite Platinum Gold Showcase All-Star Powderpuff Diamond Killer 8U, but sadly not Mega Star. So close...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
Sorry only to he Ultra Elite Platinum Gold Showcase All-Star Powderpuff Diamond Killer 8U, but sadly not Mega Star. So close...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. I love the adds for these teams when they are looking for players. For example: We are looking for an experienced 8u player. LOL That just cracks me up. It means that they either don't want to coach or they simply don't have a clue. Experienced 8u player give me a break. I think sometimes the 8u players are more experienced at softball than the coaches. Haha.

Nov 18, 2015
The only useful / consistent "label" that I've found for a team name is "Futures" - it usually signifies a younger team in the age bracket. As an example, the 10U Fluffy Unicorns team can have 2009, 2010, or 2011 birthdays, but the 10U Fluffy Unicorns Futures team will have the majority of girls with 2010 or 2011 birthdays. In USSSA, they're also usually C-level teams, who will move up to B-level next year, but still be in the same age bracket.

Jun 8, 2016
The newest designation I have seen is National which I guess means that a team has kids from out-of-state on it. DD's org added that designation to a few teams at the 14U and 16U level this year. I suppose it is a different way to make a team look important...

Apr 28, 2014
The newest designation I have seen is National which I guess means that a team has kids from out-of-state on it. DD's org added that designation to a few teams at the 14U and 16U level this year. I suppose it is a different way to make a team look important...

At 14U our team was termed "National". We played 4 tournaments that required air travel while the other 2 14's played mostly locals with maybe one air trip.

Jun 8, 2016
At 14U our team was termed "National". We played 4 tournaments that required air travel while the other 2 14's played mostly locals with maybe one air trip.
I guess that could be it too. Would have been better off calling them the "X X Flyers" though, no? :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yup—That’s why I am asking. My daughter is 10u And they are playing a team in an upcoming tournament that is labeled as 10u blah blah blah “elite”. From what I can see their program is fairly marginal so I was confused about what made them qualified as elite at 10 years old.

Nothing.

At older ages, there are some orgs that designate their top team with a name like "gold" or "premier", and other teams in the org will feed their best players into the top team (theoretically). At 10U, don't worry about names. Mostly it's just marketing to the parents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee