Eligibility question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2021
Hi - My daughter plans to play on a class C 12U town travel team for Summer 2022. Their tournament season doesn’t start until Memorial Day weekend (we are in Massachusetts), so rosters won’t be submitted to USA softball until the spring. She has an opportunity to guest play on a 12U class A club team this fall, which will include 3-4 tournaments. The fall season ends in October, and the coach of the club team will release her from their roster at the end of fall ball. The director of our class C org is saying she will be ineligible for the summer C team due to playing with the class A club team this fall. This sounds illogical to me, as I could envision a number of reasonable scenarios where a player switches from an A team to a C team, and if she’s on only one USA softball roster at a time, I would think it should be fine. Can anyone educate me on this? I’m having trouble finding guidance on this in the USSSA rules and would like to find something in writing. Would hate for us to accidentally jeopardize her eligibility.

Thank you!

Jun 20, 2015
go to regional director and have her removed. end of problem. Also, unless they happen to win a huge qualifier type tourney in the fall, she would not be locked to that roster in anyway.

And I'm pretty sure the Class C director is mis-guided on this one.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Class C Director doesn't want her to play for another team. Just because you play for an "A" team doesn't mean you are an "A" player.

Apr 20, 2015
If she's good enough for an A team why do you want to sand bag with a C team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2021
Class C Director doesn't want her to play for another team. Just because you play for an "A" team doesn't mean you are an "A" player

If she's good enough for an A team why do you want to sand bag with a C team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is a unique situation. She's technically still 10U for 2021-22, but we're having her play up in our town travel (C) team on 12U because that's where she is skill-wise. Her primary position is pitcher. There is no Fall Ball option with our town travel league, but we have the opportunity for her to train with this A club team and compete with them in tournaments as a utility player/outfielder until end of October. She could potentially stay on that team through next summer, but her goal is to keep developing as a pitcher, and she wouldn't have that opportunity on this A team. Given her age, goals, and the options available to us in our area, we feel good about the decision for her to play A club in the fall and then C for Summer 2022.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This is a unique situation. She's technically still 10U for 2021-22, but we're having her play up in our town travel (C) team on 12U because that's where she is skill-wise. Her primary position is pitcher. There is no Fall Ball option with our town travel league, but we have the opportunity for her to train with this A club team and compete with them in tournaments as a utility player/outfielder until end of October. She could potentially stay on that team through next summer, but her goal is to keep developing as a pitcher, and she wouldn't have that opportunity on this A team. Given her age, goals, and the options available to us in our area, we feel good about the decision for her to play A club in the fall and then C for Summer 2022.
I see no issue with this at all. Happens all the time. And my comment about being an "A" player was not directed at your DD. It was directed at the guy trying to block the move. It's a "C'mon man!" situation.

Jul 31, 2015
Here in CA, rules against switching between levels only apply within a season, and even then if there are extenuating circumstances, waivers can be granted. Talk to the commissioner. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Jul 16, 2019
but her goal is to keep developing as a pitcher, and she wouldn't have that opportunity on this A team. Given her age, goals, and the options available to us in our area, we feel good about the decision for her to play A club in the fall and then C for Summer 2022.

But 12U pitch from 40 feet with 12-inch ball. Pitchers usually do not play up?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812