Easton Synge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks Amy. My DD is more of a base hitter not a power hitter. She picked up the 30/20 Stealth Speed and said it was too heavy. I am trying to see which she likes the feel of, since there isn't a place to demo bats anywhere here. I just don't want to drop $200 on a bat that she will use for a month and decide she doesn't like. She does likes the feel of the Synge, just the weight is off a little for her. So I think I'm gonna stick with the Synge and go with the 31/19.5. She's a tall girl so even if it is a little long for her now she can choke up a little. I really thank everyone for the input here, I'm very indecisive by nature :)

Jun 21, 2010
Just wanted to report back my impression of the synge bat. Yesterday at a practice DD ( 12U ) took out her new synge bat and was line driving the ball back to the pitcher. Scary to see that sort of pop. As advertised, great pop out of the wrapper. She loves the bat, and other parents were asking where I got it!

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
Just wanted to report back my impression of the synge bat. Yesterday at a practice DD ( 12U ) took out her new synge bat and was line driving the ball back to the pitcher. Scary to see that sort of pop. As advertised, great pop out of the wrapper. She loves the bat, and other parents were asking where I got it!

Glad to hear! My DD's first indoor batting cage practice is January 23. Looking forward to seeing how much pop her new Synge has.

Jul 26, 2010
I wouldn't use the Synge in a batting cage unless it's front toss from behind a screen, machine balls will damage the bat and void the warranty. This is true of all composites, but even more so for the lightweight (-11 or more) bats.

-W

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I wouldn't use the Synge in a batting cage unless it's front toss from behind a screen, machine balls will damage the bat and void the warranty. This is true of all composites, but even more so for the lightweight (-11 or more) bats.

-W

Roger that. This is my DD's first year with this team, so I'm not sure how they do it. If they're not using real softballs, she'll use her Easton Mystique aluminum bat. If it's below 60 F, she'll use the Mystique also.

Dec 21, 2010
Since there isn't a place to demo bats anywhere here. I just don't want to drop $200 on a bat that she will use for a month and decide she doesn't like. She does likes the feel of the Synge, just the weight is off a little for her.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
Does anyone have any experience using a composite bat with a Hit-A-Way? The ball on the Hit-A-Way looks very similar to a real softball. Would my DD damage her Synge using it with her Hit-A-Way?

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Synge was that bat we bought my 12 year old for Christmas. 32/20.5.
First two at bats she grounded out ....
3rd at bat hit the netting for a ground rule double .... a really nice hit

Getting used to it ... likes it a lot...says it feels lighter than her 18 ounce ....

Only one game in it, but she really likes it.

Jul 26, 2010
Does anyone have any experience using a composite bat with a Hit-A-Way? The ball on the Hit-A-Way looks very similar to a real softball. Would my DD damage her Synge using it with her Hit-A-Way?

If it's the same as a softball, it won't damage it, but I'd worry about hitting the plastic cap that goes through the ball.

What you have to remember is that all composite bats have a limited amount of swings in them. Each time the bat meets the ball, you use up one of those swings. Now, it's very unlikely that a girl will wear out a bat, because she'll outgrow it first, but if she shares it with teammates or uses it extensively for practice, that likelihood is higher. I have two dead CF4's and a dead Synergy that I let my girls use who couldn't afford their own bats, and they were only used in games. The bats lasted all of summer and half of fall before they finally lost their pop.

The best way to get used to it is to hit balls off a T with it, and use it for live pitching. Keep the older bats or training bats around for machines and hitting aids.

-W

Jun 21, 2010
Before we bought our first composite bat I read about them and read somewhere that they need 100's of hits to break in. So we did that on a T, but now thinking back we may have exhausted the amount of hits in it's life. It was a Louisville TPS Jessica Mendoza. This one and quite a nice price:

Amazon.com: Louisville Slugger TPS Mendoza FP86M (-11) Fastpitch Softball Bat: Sports & Outdoors

My DD tried the Synge this fall from one of the girl's that had 3 THREE nice composite bats--two CF4s and the Synge. Liked it immediately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802