Easton ghost fastpitch bat compression

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
And thats your right to do so...never said you had to like or how you should feel about the Ghost...we were just talking about Makos, weren't we? since thats what you disagreed with.

Trying to keep track of what you disagree with which is why I was talking about Makos

So you don't like any bat because of the pocket book? Pretty much all bats are 349

When your $349 bat needs to get replaced 2 times in 8 months, and DD won't swing it in HS because she wants save it for the summer season (scared she'll break it again), and this in turn forces the purchase of other bats, then yes, the pocketbook is an issue. I don't really mind purchasing more bats; I kind of like it. A lot of other people don't though. [this is my last post here and I apologize for causing it to veer off the compression topic].

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Don't have to apologize for anything, threads always go all over the place...haha, but didnt take much to figure out there was ill will somewhere by multiple recent posts and how you spoke. If you bought from me you should have hit me up, I prob could have helped you get a freebie to help ya out and you wouldn't have needed to buy anything else.

And also, if a bat tests at 1050 and another at 1350...the 1050 is hotter by far...don't need any other numbers. I have hit a ton
of bats and still do, test many bats, have been around manufacturing, like to think I know a little bit which I try to pass on to folks. If I grab a bat that tests 100+ lower, it will be hotter. Like the quote said, some things can effect that, but comp testing is the best we have and pretty
accurate.

Now how much hotter? that can be up for grabs as that depends on hitter and bat comfort. If you hate the feel of a bat and don't like it...it wont perform
as good as a bat that fits a person better. That's why I have always said, not every bat will do the same for every player.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
When your $349 bat needs to get replaced 2 times in 8 months, and DD won't swing it in HS because she wants sThis is no different from the new tech invooved in bat ave it for the summer season (scared she'll break it again), and this in turn forces the purchase of other bats, then yes, the pocketbook is an issue. I don't really mind purchasing more bats; I kind of like it. A lot of other people don't though. [this is my last post here and I apologize for causing it to veer off the compression topic].

Here's the truth whether you like it or not. Old tech, such as the Demarini's and LS's have given up durability over performance during manufacturing over the past several years. The new gap bats, such as the Ghost and the new QPro coming out soon, hope to address that. Being all new technology, one has to expect that there will be some defects during production. That said, my DD has been using the Ghost in College ball since they have come out. Her practice Ghost, she chipped the end-cap on an outside pitch. Will it pass inspection? No. However, she still uses it for practice and has had no issues since then. Her Ghost game bat? No problems whatsoever and her swing speed is in the upper 70's last time I checked (which has been awhile admittedly). Again, no problems. IMO, the Ghost is the hottest bat out there right now. However, the QPro's early reviews have me questioning that one. Either way, it doesn't matter what exit speeds are recorded because what it comes down to are three things. 1)Swing speed of the player. 2) Swing Mechanics of the player in order to achieve maximum swing speed and 3) feel of the player swinging the bat. If they don't like it, it will affect their performance and bat speed.

Ultimately, what it comes down to is it doesn't matter which bat is the hottest by ball exit speed; it only matters which bat the hitter has the most confidence in and is the "hottest," for their swing mechanics. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Take it or leave it.

May 18, 2009
We have about 2.5 weeks until next tournament. Hopefully DD starts getting it broke in! DD is 5-7 122 lbs. Moved up to a 33” for the ghost from 32 DeMarini. Hope she loves it as I’ve had more than one bat stay in her bag!

Apr 16, 2013
That extra inch alone is going to make a big difference. I remember the first time my DD went from a 31 to a 32, massive difference.

Jul 3, 2013
We have about 2.5 weeks until next tournament. Hopefully DD starts getting it broke in! DD is 5-7 122 lbs. Moved up to a 33” for the ghost from 32 DeMarini. Hope she loves it as I’ve had more than one bat stay in her bag!

It's game ready out of the wrapper. Let her swing it for one or two bp sessions and then make it a game only bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

It will be a little adjustment for her...just give it time and be patient

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No sir...not an endload LXT

A thick, expensive turd they marketed well :)

My suggestion if anyone is thinking they want one, just wait another 4 months when they are dirt cheap from stores that
are dying to recoop anything for them

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802