Easton Baseball Bat Class Action (overweight)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Has anyone seen the facebook posts about the class action suit for Easton baseball bats being overweight? I really don't know about baseball bats but Easton probably hasn't made a signal fastpitch bat that was not overweight.

Oct 5, 2018
I haven't seen this. I'm not a sue everyone for everything kinda of person. But I would assume false advertising. Many, as seen recently in this forum, buy a bat based on the stated/advertised weight. Many will not only say 32 -10, but will have 32in 22oz stamped on the side. Now I know I've seen on manufactures website it gives the BS disclaimer about due to tolerances, yadda yadda weight might not be exact. Maybe thats even stamped on some bats.

Just in general, does seem like they could do a better job of marking the weight. Not sure if realistic to put the AW of each bat on there, but maybe.

Mar 28, 2014
Why would a bat being overweight necessitate a suit?
I assume it was claimed to be misleading advertising since they list the weight as X but it actually weighs X+1 oz. So if you buy a bat thinking it weighs X, that is what you are paying for, not one that weighs X+1. I suppose you could also claim that it is a safety issue for others as well as a health issue for the batter. If you have young kids swinging bats that are too heavy, you could claim that it is harmful to their joints and ligaments. I mean you can claim anything you want in a civil suit but proving it is an entirely different matter.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I assume it was claimed to be misleading advertising since they list the weight as X but it actually weighs X+1 oz. So if you buy a bat thinking it weighs X, that is what you are paying for, not one that weighs X+1. I suppose you could also claim that it is a safety issue for others as well as a health issue for the batter. If you have young kids swinging bats that are too heavy, you could claim that it is harmful to their joints and ligaments. I mean you can claim anything you want in a civil suit but proving it is an entirely different matter.
Well then I'm still pissed about that Rocketech that Anna used in 12U that weighed 4 pounds! Who can I contact?? :rolleyes:

Oct 5, 2018
I don't agree with the lawsuit, but I do think they should accurately mark their product.

Most people, vast majority, don't know about bat weights and buy what the manufacturer is selling.

I'm curious, haven't been around long enough. Going back, did manufacturers always have a drop 11 in their top of the line bat? Did someone do it first? I guess what I'm asking is did Demarini come out with a legit dropp 11, then the others had to respond because they saw those sales of the light bats eventhough they couldn't produce them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28