Easton backs up their warranty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
I'm thinking of selling the nr bat. Then buying another bat to replace it. Just as core said. But I'm going to wait til I have it in my possession to list it for sale.
That's a good idea. I did a WR and Easton sent me the wrong size and weight. Set me back a good 2 weeks, they did make it right in the end. And then I sold it once it was in hand.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Buy a new one, then sell the old one. You can recoop some money out of the old NR bat
This is definitely the right thing to do. Then you get a bat with a warranty again. If you break the nr it’s worthless.

The warranty is a valuable thing.

This is a good time of year to sell a bat. Put that thing on EBay. Make sure the auction ends at a time when dads are home and have their phone in their hand and can bid. I always shot for 7pm central on a Sunday. Almost all the bats I sold went to the west coast….

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is definitely the right thing to do. Then you get a bat with a warranty again. If you break the nr it’s worthless.

The warranty is a valuable thing.
Its really 6 in one, half a dozen in the other. I mean, you are going to get like half price or less for a NR bat each time
you sell one (should, unless you find someone that overpays), but paying more for a new one obviously.
I mean, you still are going to have to wait to get the replacement sent
back to you or wait to have the a new bat mailed to you if you broke the NR and bought a new one. Plus, with Easton, if the NR
breaks within the year, they will probably hook you up again too. So you're really not taking advantage of their warranty dept fully.

If you sell a NR bat, buy a new one you're out half the bat price. And if you do it again, you just paid for a complete new bat anyway.
Plus, you may get another free return if the NR breaks. So you really have a return on the NR secretly.

Mar 7, 2016
Just so everyone on here knows Easton DOES NOT do this for every case. I just received a bat back in the mail that like the OP was also out of warranty and was instructed BY EASTON to return the bat and then after paying out of pocket to return was denied and sent back to me. This was a 2020 GA bough in early 2021.

Her latest 2022 GA is already cracked. I coach a travel team and personally own 8 easton ghosts of varying ages. There are another 7-9 on my team and in every case but the original blue/gold ghosts they have all broke.

When we decide to send this 2022 off for a NR, i think our run with Easton is over even if the DD is not on board with that the bats should last longer than one month before breaking.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
She was out of warranty. How far was she out of warranty...sounds like she was over by quite a lot since its already end of April 22 and it was bought
early 21.

Nobody said Easton replaces bats that are out of the warranty period as a rule...do they, sometimes. But the warranty is ONE year just like
any bat. They will do anything in that one year time frame as they should...and they are great at doing so.
No other manufacturer will ever do anything outside of the one year period..no ifs, ands or buts. Easton at least
does actually help sometimes depending on the time frame. Who you get on the phone and how you act to the warranty person
are factors as well. If your bat is really close over the year, you can usually work it...not every time, but seen it more times that not.
If your bat is 2-3 months or more over the warranty, prob not gonna happen.

I have even seen people even get mad that Easton didnt start a new one year warranty on the NR bat when they got it back. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
She was out of warranty. How far was she out of warranty...sounds like she was over by quite a lot since its already end of April 22 and it was bought
early 21.

Nobody said Easton replaces bats that are out of the warranty period as a rule...do they, sometimes. But the warranty is ONE year just like
any bat. They will do anything in that one year time frame.
No other manufacturer will ever do anything outside of the one year period..no ifs, ands or buts. Easton at least
does actually help sometimes depending on the time frame. Who you get on the phone and how you act to the warranty person
are factors as well. If your bat is really close over the year, you can usually work it...not every time, but seen it more times that not.
If your bat is 2-3 months or more over the warranty, prob not gonna happen.

I have even seen people get mad Easton didnt start a new one year warranty on the NR bat when they got it back. It is what it is.
It's probably a good time to remind people about the Visa extended warranty protection program. Basically, if you purchased the bat (also works on lots of other items) with a Visa credit card, once the manufacturer's warranty runs out you can submit a claim directly to Visa for an additional year to receive reimbursement of the purchase price. There are some limitations to the coverage, but they are quite generous with it. It takes about a week after submitting the required paperwork for a decision to be made by the claims department.

Personally, I won't buy a new bat without using my Visa card for this very reason. DD hasn't had any extended warranty bat claims, but a few years ago we did get a full refund from Visa on a Demarini BBCOR that DS broke about 8 months after the manufacturer's warranty expired. Yes it takes a little time and effort to process a claim, but the extra year of warranty coverage really came in handy and saved us some money!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Some people in here use the Visa thing. Think Westwind or Tatonka (not 100% sure) talked about this a long time ago.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
I agree completely with Core. Our DD's like what they like, if they're happy with it then why change it. People give Easton a hard time for breaking but their warranty department is the reason why we will keep swinging them until we're done and she's off to college.

Yup. If you can afford it, buy your DD the bat she wants and likes. And keep doing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802