Early Signing Day!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Many of our DD's will be conducting their college signing ceremonies today. My DD is going to wait until the spring to do hers. She wants to wait for one of her lifelong teammates as she has not found a home yet. Instead, I am going to go to one of my former players ceremony and good friend. Feel free to post pics of your DD's. Be proud!

Oct 5, 2015
Mine had her signing ceremony yesterday and it was quite nice. No formal NLI to sign just signing a blank piece of paper as there is no athletic money but she is certainly happy the process has concluded. It was very stressful for her as she continued communicating with multiple schools as Plan B’s until she received her “Likely Letter” from Plan A.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Mine “signed” yesterday. NCAA D3 celebratory signing form. It’s non-binding, but allows her to participate in signing day. I believe this form has only been available for a few years. I think it’s great she had this opportunity to sign with her HS teammates, knowing her academics/major took priority in her decision. She is blessed that her academic needs came along with a great college, coach and team!
E764B448-7DAF-4F71-90FD-42848D1F6768.jpg

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming. It gives motivation and insight to the younger DFP'ers!

amen to that! As my DD gets older it is really profound starting to see these girls dreams come true and what it means to the younger players and their parents! DD has been coached by soph Washington player and frosh Oregon player when they were in HS, and has been lucky enough to catch for a Kansas and OU commits (as a 12u!)... The cycle of receiving instruction and giving back is critical

Nov 20, 2016
Virginia
Folkner signing.jpg
Our DD is 12yo. We are helping her to understand the significance and personal celebration of signing parties. Here she is on the right with a family friend.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
National Signing Day for DD. final.jpg

D3 "Celebratory Letter" I will be taking many trips to Dallas next year!

I just realized my moniker matches her school colors.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Mine “signed” yesterday. NCAA D3 celebratory signing form. It’s non-binding, but allows her to participate in signing day. I believe this form has only been available for a few years. I think it’s great she had this opportunity to sign with her HS teammates, knowing her academics/major took priority in her decision. She is blessed that her academic needs came along with a great college, coach and team!
View attachment 13471

Congrats! My DD as well. I was pleasantly surprised in how much academic, leadership, and financial aid money was available at her D3 school. Pretty much guaranteed aid for 4 years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28