Dugout player spacing for games?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Biggest thing I have seen is some parks had the players use the bleachers as their "dugout" while fans had to sit around the fence. We have played all summer and into the fall with zero issues.

Aug 25, 2019
We started out in June with 3 and 1 coach in dugout and the rest outside dugout 6 feet apart. That lasted about to mid August, now it's like nothing changed.

Mar 6, 2016
In So Cal friendlies most do not wear mask. Parents spread out a little more and you don't shake hands after the game. Most umps wear mask. Some umps call game from behind pitcher.

Yep...we are playing our first friendlies w 3 other teams and figured we'd try to keep them spread out as best we can in or around dugout. Looking for input on how really practical that is and how people handled it.

Changing balls on defense should be easy to do. And try to not have them interact w other teams.

For our practices we have them put their bags one fence post/poll apart (about 6ft) just to try and keep em separated some. But as soon as practice starts kinda goes back to old regualr habits.

From the replies its sort of what I figured...hard to do in reality.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We have played in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. There are a lot of guidelines that are sent via email before every tournament. There is no enforcement of any of the guidelines. We have been playing games since just before Memorial Day. We do not do anything different than the previous years.

We have had one family catch the Rona. Oddly enough they got the Rona during the 4 weeks we were off between the end of summer and the beginning of the fall season.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What a bummer. My favorite pics from softball weren’t action shots. They are
Group photos, often times candid pics of the girls laughing and crowding around each other.

Jun 8, 2016
What a bummer. My favorite pics from softball weren’t action shots. They are
Group photos, often times candid pics of the girls laughing and crowding around each other.
Despite what you might hear, the country still has some of the top scientists and medical professionals in the world. Eventually things will get back to some semblance of normalcy.

Aug 8, 2016
At the facility we are currently playing at, when your team enters the gates, they give you three game balls. You only use them when you are on defense. Your team has to chase down any foul balls and get a new one to the pitcher. Umpires do not touch them. Opponent does not touch them.

The other org we have been playing at does not do this. They want you to sanitize the balls as they cycle through the dugout, though I have not seen this done much at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28