Drop OBBAY a quick message if you have the time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
DFP,
Many of you are new but we still have some of us old timers around and hopefully that will continue. With that said, we had a member here that lost a promising college softball player but much more importantly a beautiful young daughter that didn't make it through a relatively routine surgery not that long ago. His profile name is OBBAY but his real name is Bob.

I have tried my best to drop him emails now and then over the last couple of years and would encourage everyone who reads this to do the same. The holidays are approaching and I can't imagine how hard it is for him and his family. I don't know for sure he will still receive the emails you may send as I am not sure how his profile is linked to his regular email address but please make the attempt.

He was one of the good ones and I can only image this time of the year is going to be tough. Please reach out, drop him a note, even if you never heard of him, he is family. Even for me who never met him but has corresponded with him since his DD's passing, but not often enough as I wished I would have. He is softball family and can likely use our support and well wishes as we approach the holidays.

Below is the thread he posted when it all happened for those who weren't around:

Much appreciated as we would all do the same for each other!

Thank you and I appreciate any messages you can send. I know Bob will even more!

S3

Feb 8, 2019
DFP,
Many of you are new but we still have some of us old timers around and hopefully that will continue. With that said, we had a member here that lost a promising college softball player but much more importantly a beautiful young daughter that didn't make it through a relatively routine surgery not that long ago. His profile name is OBBAY but his real name is Bob.

I have tried my best to drop him emails now and then over the last couple of years and would encourage everyone who reads this to do the same. The holidays are approaching and I can't imagine how hard it is for him and his family. I don't know for sure he will still receive the emails you may send as I am not sure how his profile is linked to his regular email address but please make the attempt.

He was one of the good ones and I can only image this time of the year is going to be tough. Please reach out, drop him a note, even if you never heard of him, he is family. Even for me who never met him but has corresponded with him since his DD's passing, but not often enough as I wished I would have. He is softball family and can likely use our support and well wishes as we approach the holidays.

Below is the thread he posted when it all happened for those who weren't around:

Much appreciated as we would all do the same for each other!

Thank you and I appreciate any messages you can send. I know Bob will even more!

S3
Thanks Strike 3- I can let him know.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Thanks for the likes and replies DFP! I know Bob is seeing them and it is much appreciated. Below is a link to the foundation he has set up where you can see all that he has done including a spectacular annual softball tournament.

I have his direct email if anyone would like to have it to drop him a line. He also posted on this thread (just a few above....starts with a M and ends with an BEE......) as he couldn't log into his old account and not hard to figure out which one he is :).He and his family are doing well and doing great things and projects in Meghan's name.

Let's all keep the faith and keep the pitches off the plate (just a bit) as we head into 2020. A new decade and new things to come!

I personallly wish all of you to have a great next 10 years!!! And thanks again for taking time to remember the ones we lost that will NEVER be forgotten. Strike em out DFP!

S3

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
Thank you for this thread and link to the foundation. Missed it while traveling for Christmas. Been thinking a lot about Bob and Meghan the last few weeks, especially when I feel down about no softball this spring. I still have my DD. What a gut punch to have to have your DD's memorial service on Father's Day.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45