Drinking coach gone too far? What next?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Theres no one to fire them. Head coach is judge, jury and executioner. It’s his world, they all just live in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they coach for an organization there would be a president / board that could do this.
Maybe I’m assuming too much.
Still think this is ludicrous. Ha

Jul 14, 2019
Shorter version of OP: "Alcoholic man abuses women. What should we do?"

Who does not know the answer to this question? You take your kid off the team and find somewhere else to play.

Agreed and that’s what this girl’s parents are doing. It’s just a crappy situation and really fires me up that they’re being disregarded, labeled as liars, and made out to be the enemy. That’s not right. It breaks my heart that the other parents on the team don’t have an issue with any of it.

Jul 14, 2019
If they coach for an organization there would be a president / board that could do this.
Maybe I’m assuming too much.
Still think this is ludicrous. Ha

The organization is just this daddy, and his brother who has an older team. There is no governing body, board, etc. No oversight.

Nov 8, 2018
Agreed and that’s what this girl’s parents are doing. It’s just a crappy situation and really fires me up that they’re being disregarded, labeled as liars, and made out to be the enemy. That’s not right. It breaks my heart that the other parents on the team don’t have an issue with any of it.

I dont get it. Just don’t get it.
The fact that this coach put his hands on a kid is grounds for arrest not just being fired.

Time to pack up and go. Without the support of the parents or the org they have no choices.
They could sue as a parting gift. But. Just get out of there.

Feb 15, 2017
The drinking coach has a disease. I grew up a drunk but fortunately had quit by the time coaching came around.

Head coach and parents need to get help for the drunk! Also they need to get him/her off the field before someone gets hurt even more seriously.
If he's drinking in the dugout it's a bigger problem then a disease.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Oh, we are so completely soft! Because you know, they’re winning! Who cares what it takes to get there. HC refuses to address the issue previously and now this has happened. The parents of the one girl who was directly involved are leaving the team, but HC says the players are lying and is holding their fees for the season. I am simply amazed by it all!

Report the coach and assistant to safe coach. They will never coach again and should not. It's 10u and if any parent is more worried about a trophy they're not fit to be a parent

Jul 14, 2019
Report the coach and assistant to safe coach. They will never coach again and should not. It's 10u and if any parent is more worried about a trophy they're not fit to be a parent

What is Safe Coach and where does one find the info for that?

May 24, 2013
So Cal

The parents need to do what right for the safety of their DD. Leaving the team immediately is the right choice. In this situation, I would not leave quietly. I would make it very clear that we are leaving due to the coach's specific behavior issues. Others may continue to enable the behavior by denying or criticizing, but when it happens to the next girl (and it probably will), maybe people will start to wake the **** up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802