Drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
1.gif

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
This isn't the Barry Bonds drill as Bonds does it. Look at him pushing to catch the ball and the extension of the back arm when he catches it.
Was reading a reference to a BBonds Dill in a post this morning, and wasn't one in Sticky... this is something I found. I guess its just his interpretation of what he thought he saw BB doing @ Spring Training Camp. ??? I would like to see a DFP correct one....>>> :cool:

EP: I see he doesn't have the same stance either... of course I'd like to see one of BB in HD & 600fps :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
PC ... this is a fairly popular "Barry Bonds drill". I have used it myself. The main objective is on vision and tracking. Personally I perform this drill differently and disagree with the objective of keeping the head down as shown in the demonstration.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Are you talking about the one I posted??? or did you post one... ??? This was just the first one I've seen... the thing I'm trying to like is, I plan on putting a second part together, that would include properly throwing it back. More for GDD's...pre-glove/sockball... I have time to work on it, before they are old enough to start playing..

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Please remove this video, or place in things not to do!

Mann, the same request could be made of other posts. For example, the post on the Elvis drill inhibits a hitter from learning how to make their rear leg ‘reactive’ … which is quite unfortunate IMO as it limits a hitter’s potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802