Drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So i checked out this thread hoping to get some good drills to use for different girls! Figured with the name being drills would get some good info! Instead pretty much 15 pages of people telling each other what is wrong with everything. Half of them were videos of drills with no explanation if they were good or bad! Some of us don't have the experience to know what does and doesn't work so looking for some info! Can we start another one with drills and not turn it into "i am better then you so dont do it thread" but a thread with drills and what they are used for?

Good luck with that - LOL.

May 3, 2014
Only drill I use is a 2 legged Snf from a 45 hitting a moving ball. And I use it sparingly. IMO - unless you have a team of hitters - drills soak up valuable time when your hitter can be hitting a moving ball and figuring out timing/sequence/muscle resistance all at the same time.

when I do have a full team - I just let the set up some tees and get loose.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So i checked out this thread hoping to get some good drills to use for different girls! Figured with the name being drills would get some good info! Instead pretty much 15 pages of people telling each other what is wrong with everything. Half of them were videos of drills with no explanation if they were good or bad! Some of us don't have the experience to know what does and doesn't work so looking for some info! Can we start another one with drills and not turn it into "i am better then you so dont do it thread" but a thread with drills and what they are used for?

dustydog - I would suggest reviewing the drills and then "reply with quote" to one that you have questions about. Or ask a question with a specific thing you are trying to work on. I am sure the experts will chime in with their thoughts. IMO, some drills serve a purpose, but only when fully understood and implemented properly. I also feel Buttermaker is offering some very good advice below. In a team practice situation, we will have one player in the cage, two using tees to get loose, and the rest will focus on fielding drills. Then we rotate them through.

Only drill I use is a 2 legged Snf from a 45 hitting a moving ball. And I use it sparingly. IMO - unless you have a team of hitters - drills soak up valuable time when your hitter can be hitting a moving ball and figuring out timing/sequence/muscle resistance all at the same time.

when I do have a full team - I just let the set up some tees and get loose.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I have not seen this one before this past week and so, let me know what you think of it. 2 by 8 sitting approximately 10 inches off the ground on the back side and prop up. Frontside on the ground. Hitter stands facing downward. Hitter hits off of a tee.

Feb 20, 2012
that's not the way you hit. You just squished the bug. The hip drive is linear then rotation with know inside the ball. Your swing will not work in fastpitch. They will strike you out in a second.

Feb 20, 2012
you are right about that. That guy would strike out so quick it would not be funny. He has never seen a good fast rise like Adam Folkard. It would be funny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478