Drills for hitting spin pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
OK, Ill bite. Its not easy. If you have access to a 3 wheeled machine then you are golden. During coach pitch front toss, I like to throw low pitches slower and high pitches faster. Mix it up. I have actually developed a coach pitch drop CB and a screwball/rise ball. Of course they don't move but they see different releases.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What is a short stroke?

Is this short?

536772FC-D407-4F64-BB28-7B01D52B95ED.gif

Reminds me of talking to the Personal pitcher guy. I told him his Grobat weight can be made to click and making it click backwards. He was like no, you have to have a short swing=forward/out front.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Reminds me of talking to the Personal pitcher guy. I told him his Grobat weight can be made to click and making it click backwards. He was like no, you have to have a short swing=forward/out front.
He didn’t even answer you yet so how can you be reminded of anything? You are looking for a fight..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What is a short stroke?

To me a short stroke is one that gets instant acceleration when you launch.. one that gets the sweet spot of the bat behind the hand path asap at launch. Not underneath the ball or behind the body. A straight line. That makes it free of extra unwanted length. The gif you posted is a good example. Hand path isn’t behind or underneath. An inside pitch will look a bit different and will be a tad longer.

Lots of coaches want the same. But the way they go about it lengthens or creates holes. There aren’t many ways to have a short stroke.

As far as the hands coming down and forward, that needs to happen to load the barrel and deepen the pivot. The body pivot aka torso tilt (not shoulder tilt) matters much more than the hands when it comes to ‘depth’. Bc that’s where the swing is launched from. But the speed comes from the hands.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee