Dreaded lunge!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2021
Hope everyone is doing well! I see so much great advice on here so i figured I would throw this out to see what ya'll think. My DD picked up a bad habit recently where she is lunging at the ball. When we are working on the tee she stays back, loads, and drives the ball really well but as soon as we go to live pitching it starts. Everything stays good right up to when she swings, then the back foot comes up and she's lunging forward toward the ball. We have TB practice tonight so i will try to get a video or at least a few pics to show you so you have a better idea, in the meantime if anyone has any drills or ideas that may help it would be greatly appreciated!!

Oct 2, 2017
Hope everyone is doing well! I see so much great advice on here so i figured I would throw this out to see what ya'll think. My DD picked up a bad habit recently where she is lunging at the ball. When we are working on the tee she stays back, loads, and drives the ball really well but as soon as we go to live pitching it starts. Everything stays good right up to when she swings, then the back foot comes up and she's lunging forward toward the ball. We have TB practice tonight so i will try to get a video or at least a few pics to show you so you have a better idea, in the meantime if anyone has any drills or ideas that may help it would be greatly appreciated!!
Video would be helpful, but a lot of times lunging is often do to a all back all forward move. Meaning they Gather everything back and then take it all forward. IMO

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812