Donated Helmets not School Colors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
Two years ago our private high school had about a dozen Schutt custom painted helmets donated. The bill is red with a fade to black. Our colors are Green and White. Any suggestions on how to cost effectively get these on compliance with our school’s “brand”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Anybody associated with the team work in an auto body shop? They can probably paint them but unless they want to do the favor it will be expensive.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Plastidip spray is also a good option. You might have to scuff them up with some steel wool first (or not if you start slow and use lots of light layers). When they get dinged up, you can repaint the troubled areas and it will bond to itself very nicely. If you don't like it and or want to try something else, it will peel off, with some effort.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Plastidip is an amazing option... My neighbor kid sprayed it on his hub caps of his car to try to make it look better (to each his own) but the spray is amazingly durable. Hes driven with it for about a year and it still holding strong...I'd have to think a helmet would be fine

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sounds like a good project for a couple of dads and a cooler of adult beverages...if they have access to a compressor and paint sprayer they should be able to get them to an acceptable standard of a single color. Cans of spray paint may work in a pinch. Secret is several light coats vs. one heavy coat to avoid runs in the paint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802