Don Slaught's software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 19, 2008
We have the coaches edition at our high school, I feel it is worth the $$$$, for a travel team the capture viewer may be more cost efficient. The big difference between the two, the way I see it, is that the coaches edition has the capability of storing the videos and images for each player and coach in separate files. I think it is a great teaching tool. My DD has developed a much better idea of what she is doing when she swings a bat.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I have both Instructional Player ( softball Edition by Sue and Mike). I also have RVP Analysis system. Agree with the above. Analysis is very time consuming, so trying to use it on every player on a travel team would take alot of time. It is better using it on your dd or a few players. Unless you are a full time coach. Be careful of RVP and Vista. I have three camera's none will work with RVP and Vista in capture viewer.. I kind of bypass the system. A college coach showed me. Film on any camera and play it on an old TV . Have your laptop beside that TV. When you stop at toe touch (as an example ) on your swing. Stop RVP on four view with your examples of toe touch. I pick four players that have the style of the kid I'm teaching and show her on the TV and them on the laptop.

Feb 7, 2009
Rvp

Does anyone have experience with Don Slaught's software (www.rightviewpro.com) - is it useful for travel girls softball - or worth the investment?

I have been coaching travel ball for over a decade. I have been using RVP since Don first put it on the market. It is in my opinion one of the best tools for teaching hitting there is. It has made a huge difference with our hitters. It is not magic, it will take time to film all of your players and time to evaluate but it is well worth it. Take the time to really understand all the features and what it enables you to do. I cant tell you how many players upon seeing a clip of their swing have said, "wow I didnt know I was doing that".

May 7, 2008
I totally agree with Ronnie and would add that it's equally useful for pitchers and basically any movement or skill that lends itself to a short video clip. The recent upgrade (a few months ago, I believe it was) to the capture viewer significantly speeds up the process of making clips and filing them in a manner that makes them easier to find.

Finally, for those with access to high quality college or professional games, don't forget about capturing some clips from those games. They can be excellent teaching tools (for yourself and your players), in addition to those that come with the program.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It has it's limits in some ways, while in 4 view especially, although the video quality of the Pro players is well worth the money.

I haven't seen the new Candrea and Enquist, stuff that was released awhile back.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have the HS Edition and I'm finding it is even better than I thought for working pitchers and hitters. The girls really "get it" when they see themselves and when you compare them to either pro baseball players or elite college players.

I personally highly recommend it. Other software could be good too but I like the fact that it is specific for softball.

Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28