Don Morton full Horween RV23 for sale.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not 100% sure but I think this one was the last full Horween RV23 sold without the stupid MLB logo, the only reason I’m hesitant about selling this one!

No conditioner or chemicals, no mallet or dumbbell work, it has been rolled around on the floor and hand shaped a little. That was 10 minutes before throwing 10 balls with Anna to see if I liked TIP or traditional with this glove…..TIP!

The wrist has been re-laced to the smaller setting. Small hands need not apply, this would make a fantastic Dad glove. This Horween leather is fantastic!

$240.00 shipped.0EC66B43-6BF2-4A6C-98D7-BC3AC01FED60.jpegC442E0AF-9ADF-43AD-8B40-6EFDF6D17D41.jpeg5DC2F63C-71D9-4FB9-B168-152A4E1380EA.jpeg73D059C3-8C27-4925-AD00-A7406452AF6A.jpegF4843E37-F737-4B99-A135-6B53898BEEE4.jpeg

Jan 8, 2019
You sure you didn’t mean to post that as “looking to buy”? Does the EDC come with it? Making room for one of the SBF horweens? Temptation is killing me!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You sure you didn’t mean to post that as “looking to buy”? Does the EDC come with it? Making room for one of the SBF horweens? Temptation is killing me!
Just recently got that serrated Pacific Salt, it’s a ton of pocket chainsaw that weighs virtually nothing!

Yeah I’m gonna move this one to help fund one of the new SBF Horween exclusives when they’re released.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'm a huge Rawlings fan. How would you compare this Horween with a Pro Preferred? I bought my daughter a custom one, which is the only way you can get the Pro Preferred for softball, and it's the best glove I've ever had.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm a huge Rawlings fan. How would you compare this Horween with a Pro Preferred? I bought my daughter a custom one, which is the only way you can get the Pro Preferred for softball, and it's the best glove I've ever had.
I personally like it better, I love Steerhide! But that’s really not a fair answer, I’ve owned a lot of gloves but self admittedly I’ve never owned a PP or a A2K, the only Kip I’ve ever owned were Vinci Limited gloves.

Kip is lighter and tighter grained, but to me Steerhide just has that personal feel to it….don’t know if that makes sense or not but good ole thick, heavy Steerhide is what ball gloves are supposed to feel like, to me anyway.

To me, for me, I’d take Horween Steerhide, but for a female, especially a younger girl I can see where Kip makes sense. All personal preference.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I personally like it better, I love Steerhide! But that’s really not a fair answer, I’ve owned a lot of gloves but self admittedly I’ve never owned a PP or a A2K, the only Kip I’ve ever owned were Vinci Limited gloves.

Kip is lighter and tighter grained, but to me Steerhide just has that personal feel to it….don’t know if that makes sense or not but good ole thick, heavy Steerhide is what ball gloves are supposed to feel like, to me anyway.

To me, for me, I’d take Horween Steerhide, but for a female, especially a younger girl I can see where Kip makes sense. All personal preference.
That's great info.

Her previous glove was a Nokona Cobalt Steerhide one that she still has to this day. She just didn't like that her hand turned blue when she'd sweat.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. The Pro Preferred is so smooth. It took a long time to get it game ready, but she likes it a lot. I'm not a fan of the A2000 gloves. I feel they have a more plastic feel to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478