Don’t Touch the Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2021
Last night I had the opportunity to take in the first game on a new high school field. Two of the top teams in the state paired against one another. Big crowd and perfect weather.

To get right to the point I was amazed at one of the coach’s behavior. Hands all over the players, chest bumping players, and more behavior you wouldn’t expect to see from a coach.

I say all of that to offer a suggestion to any of the coaches out there - don’t touch the players.

That is a bit much. What we do is we fist bump instead of high five. It's a lot easier and safer (plus having hand sanitizer in the dugout helps!)

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
What State are you in? In Illinois we get a pass for 2 parents and can not attend away games.

That might be a school/conference decision, but it's not a state rule. The current guidelines are "25% of venue capacity," which is a hilarious directive considering we play at public parks which A) don't have a "capacity" and B) we have zero control over anyway.

We're also supposed to make fans wear a mask, which, while I support mask-wearing, is a laughable directive that is impossible to enforce.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28