dominant eye and open stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
My 13 y/o DD has a right dominant eye and is a RH batter. She struggles at the plate and it's more than mechanics. Does it make sense to go to an open stance so that the right eye is more forward and has a better oncoming view of the pitch? By open, I mean open at set up and then closes at delivery. I hope I explained that right.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
My 13 y/o DD has a right dominant eye and is a RH batter. She struggles at the plate and it's more than mechanics. Does it make sense to go to an open stance so that the right eye is more forward and has a better oncoming view of the pitch? By open, I mean open at set up and then closes at delivery. I hope I explained that right.
Yes, surely worth a try. Guessing that over 50% of hitters are open at setup because of the dominate eye.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
She struggles at the plate and it's more than mechanics.
giphy.gif

Sep 18, 2016
My DD switched to hitting lefty because she has a really bad astigmatism in her left eye(coke bottle glasses bad). Went from hitting .100 to .550. Moved to left after last Summer game last year been hitting left in games since first game of fall season last year. Best thing we ever decided to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802