Doesn’t sound good...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
So glad I live in Indiana. They took a middle ground approach to all of this. Complete summer travel season, fall travel, many winter indoor events and what appears to be a normal HS season a week into 1st practices
We're in KY and have played a bunch of tournaments in IN since all this started. Basically back to "normal" here again.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
with PGF's Nationals abhorrent COVID cancellation refund policy in 2020,
I wonder if teams are still willing to risk paying for 2021 Nationals?

They released a statement yesterday that really hedges all bets.
I'd be very wary...

Aug 25, 2019
Massachusetts HS season starts practice 4/26, I haven't seen any game schedules yet but the season goes into early July. It's going to raise hell with clubs unless they waive the rule that prohibits players from skipping HS team games/practices to attend outside team events. There's a big showcase scheduled for the end of June, I can't see how it's going to happen with the current rules.
Why is that a rule and who made/enforced that rule. Here in NY there is no rule like that (i think). Most Travel teams with HS players voluntarily shut down during school seasons with younger teams still playing.

Jun 20, 2015
Ohio prohibits any contact with travel teams during HS softball season. basically ~20 Feb until HS team eliminated from playoffs. They also restrict number of HS teammates from being on the same travel team (4).

Aug 25, 2019
Ohio prohibits any contact with travel teams during HS softball season. basically ~20 Feb until HS team eliminated from playoffs. They also restrict number of HS teammates from being on the same travel team (4).
Really?....Half of DD's travel team goes to the same HS.

Jun 19, 2016
I remember how mad I got when we couldn't play from March to June 2020 in Texas. Good luck to y'all. Hope y'all get to play soon.

Nov 11, 2019
In Va we have been playing since last June and things look just like they did before COVID with the exception of hand shakes after games.

Nov 8, 2020
with PGF's Nationals abhorrent COVID cancellation refund policy in 2020,
I wonder if teams are still willing to risk paying for 2021 Nationals?

They released a statement yesterday that really hedges all bets.
I'd be very wary...
The Alliance will hurt PGFs participation numbers this season more than anything else. Most of the top teams in So Cal are choosing to chase Alliance qualifiers and not even bother going to PGF qualifiers. Parents of the girls on different teams are actually referring to the team by whether they're chasing PGF or chasing Alliance

My kid's HS finally let kids start going to school again this week, kids go 4 hours a day, 2 days a week. Group A goes Mondays and Tuesdays, Group B goes Thursdays and Fridays. Their softball team is way behind all the other schools in the area as their Varaity coach quit in January. They didn't have enough girls come out this year for a frosh team. They had 4 Srs from last year graduate but lost 3 Varsity girls to transfer and a few Varaity girls just didn't bother showing up. The JV has practiced a month and a half, the Varsity finally got someone to agree to coach 2 weeks ago, they realized they didn't have enough players and took a few juniors from the JV team. They finally scrimmaged 2 games this week while the rest of the schools in their league have been playing games for close to a month

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom