Does this make sense?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The line I was refering to is at the end when he says"if I can get the hitter to 'regulate' what they do from the belly botton down, then what happens from their belly botton up should be much easier to undetstand."

May 16, 2019
Not really enough info to understand what he means and I don't know his hitting style but I'll toss out a few thoughts
1. If you laterally shift your weight from back to front you will most likely push or drop your hands before snapping (turning) the barrel.
2. If you rotate with the rear hip leading the leg, the front shoulder will twist and bottom hand will pull the barrel off the plate.
3. If you squish the bug, you will have less power than your max.
just a couple thoughts

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It is a little vague. I was thinking he was trying to saying that if you get the lower torso action is correct , the upper torso would sorta resists and releases naturally.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Anyone that wants you to slow down or 'regulate' or 'simplify' your swing or your pitching, is teaching the wrong thing. Hitting and pitching is a violent action.

Gonna be blunt here, but usually these folks don't know how to fix you, and the moving parts scare them. These are the folks that will kill your stride, or kill your leg kick.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Anyone that wants you to slow down or 'regulate' or 'simplify' your swing or your pitching, is teaching the wrong thing. Hitting and pitching is a violent action.

Gonna be blunt here, but usually these folks don't know how to fix you, and the moving parts scare them. These are the folks that will kill your stride, or kill your leg kick.

In this case, "these folks" is Mike Stith. Stith is the top guy of the OC Batbusters travel ball org, and has won multiple National Championships as the head coach of its top teams. Stith was also the HC of the USSSA Pride team that won the NPF Championship in 2018. I'm not saying I agree with what he's saying here (or how I am interpreting what he's saying), just that he's not some random youth coach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog