Does the riseball add more stress

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2015
My DD throws a two finger riseball for the last 2 years. As the season progresses both years she starts experiencing a pain along her forearm. The pain does not reach the point where she cannot pitch and she says she can deal with it. It also reduces with rest. My thought is she is overworking these two fingers and causing tendonitus. She has tried other grips but she gets great spin axis with this grip. Anyone with similar experience with riseball pitchers?

Jun 19, 2020
DD had some irritation / tendonitis symptoms earlier in the High School season. She uses a grip similar to what you are describing above. When we told PC about it she made some adjustments and it went away within a few days. DD was cupping her wrist which several pitchers do but but she had also started straightening out her arm on the backswing. Which put stress on the elbow and forearm. She had us focus on a neutral wrist and a slight bend in the elbow. No pain since. Hope this helps. If you have any video I'm sure several of the pitching coaches on here can help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802