Does my lefty pitcher need a second glove for 1B/OF?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Update:got the Marucci today. Love it (and she does too:) Bought the 13" which I was concerned would be too big but it's perfect. She used to do two in the pinky so the glove shift is awesome. I was a bit concerned about the small hand stall size and stiffness but the stall is perfect and I don't think it's that hard of a break in. Thanks for all the great advice and for anyone else stumbling across this, that glove is a steal.
Yep, you are obviously new here....a pic of said new Marucci glove is a mandatory requirement here @ DFP! 🤦‍♂️

Congratulations, lots of people have taken advantage of that great discount! Hope she enjoys it!

May 18, 2019
Yep, you are obviously new here....a pic of said new Marucci glove is a mandatory requirement here @ DFP! 🤦‍♂️

Congratulations, lots of people have taken advantage of that great discount! Hope she enjoys it!
I Have been here quite awhile but mostly lurking. Here you go. 20210105_151914.jpg20210105_151902.jpg

May 4, 2020
Roger that Annasdad. I love it when people tell me what I want to hear:) Sunglasses and kids sports gear are my vices. In all sincerity, Other opinions welcome.
I 2nd AD’s recommendation. The 1961 is great glove for any position. If you’re DD Pitched & played just 1st as secondary I would say get a good 1st base specific glove.
But if she plays OF a good amount of time I would say forget 1st base mitt. Reason why is both my DD’s have 1st base mitts in their bags but never take the time to go get them when moved around during team practices.
When I work with them individually I ask them to get 1st base mitt and many times they give me a little grief and just stick with regular gloves.
So I’m not sure a 1st base mitt is worth the money and effort if it’s not primary position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom