Does my lefty pitcher need a second glove for 1B/OF?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2019
Hi All,

I grew up as an outfielder and benefitted many times from my monstrous glove. My daughter is a 14U pitcher but plays 1B and outfield when not in the circle. She currently uses a 12.25 Vinci which I think runs a bit small. Worth buying a bigger glove for outfield and 1B,or just a dad wasting hard earned money, what's the view of the this group?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
First off Taz, adding a second, third, or even more gloves than that is NEVER a waste of hard earned money! Got that? ;)

At 14U and her already using & used to a Vinci, a new RV1961 is your natural choice for her at 1B and OF.

May 18, 2019
Roger that Annasdad. I love it when people tell me what I want to hear:) Sunglasses and kids sports gear are my vices. In all sincerity, Other opinions welcome.

Dec 20, 2019
I would save some money and grab a marucci magnolia 13inches in a single post from dicks sporting goods for $130. That magnolia can serves as an of and first base glove as well.

Feb 25, 2020
Those maruccis are a good deal I think. It never hurts to have a backup anyways. 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Wise man once said.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I would save some money and grab a marucci magnolia 13inches in a single post from dicks sporting goods for $130. That magnolia can serves as an of and first base glove as well.
no_glove and Bonesaw both make great points about the Marucci, that's a smoking good deal! Just checked their site, both the 12.5" and the 13" are still available in LHT, you might want to listen to those two guys, and not me!

May 18, 2019
Done. Marrucci 13" ordered (hopefully not too huge). Thx to AnnasDad for codependent enablement of my vice and to others for fiscal prudence.

Oct 26, 2019
Done. Marrucci 13" ordered (hopefully not too huge). Thx to AnnasDad for codependent enablement of my vice and to others for fiscal prudence.
@ANNASDAD should probably be getting some financial compensation from some glove makers at this point! He’s a top salesman. Honestly though, how many gifts make an 8 year old and an 80 year old equally as happy. A new glove does that!

May 18, 2019
Update:got the Marucci today. Love it (and she does too:) Bought the 13" which I was concerned would be too big but it's perfect. She used to do two in the pinky so the glove shift is awesome. I was a bit concerned about the small hand stall size and stiffness but the stall is perfect and I don't think it's that hard of a break in. Thanks for all the great advice and for anyone else stumbling across this, that glove is a steal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom