Does illegal pitch mound visits count

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 28, 2018
Today at our tourny, the other pitcher was warned about a illegal pitch. Coach goes to mound, long talk. Back to play. 2 pitches later illegal pitch. Coach goes to mound again. Do those visits count as mound visits and the pitcher should have been pulled. Just curious cause if I used a mound visit then need to talk to my pitcher again couldnt I just have her pitch illegally then get a free visit.

Jun 22, 2008
Since when is an illegal pitch a warning?

If the umpire is telling the coach to talk to the pitcher about it then no it is not a conference. And, you get 3 defensive conferences in a 7 inning game. You can use all 3 in a single inning if you want.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2009
Today at our tourny, the other pitcher was warned about a illegal pitch. Coach goes to mound, long talk. Back to play. 2 pitches later illegal pitch. Coach goes to mound again. Do those visits count as mound visits and the pitcher should have been pulled. Just curious cause if I used a mound visit then need to talk to my pitcher again couldnt I just have her pitch illegally then get a free visit.

None of these visits or any subsquent "mound" visit would ever count. There is NO mound in softball. There is a circle though. The mount thing seems like it will never go away. :confused:

Oct 24, 2010
Where was the umpire? The umpire should be with the coach to manage the discussion about the illegal pitch. Break it up before it turns to strategy. Charge a conference if they want to discuss strategy.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Short answer, there is no warning, if you want to mention something to the P sotto voce, go ahead. Or, talk to the HC between half innings, or, call the IP. Explain to the HC what is going on if when he comes out. (This first conversation COULD be close enough to the mound for the P to overhear, if PU is feeling generous) ANY visit to the circle, for strategy or to coach is a charged conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802