does anyone know if ASA has

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
USA actually charges a very small fee for their TD’s to be able to list teams and results on their website for their tournament. Last I heard it was $10 per tournament. If the TD chooses not pay the fee, they just get to post the tournament and date only.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Agreed. ASA/USA softball is in the stoneage in nearly every facet of softball tournaments. IMO. USSSA is pretty poor also. PGF run the show in this part of Illinois.

In my area, USA always runs a first-rate tournament. It's the online technology that's clunky. My visibility with PGF is more limited. I know their national level tournaments have the most prestige right now, but at the local level, it looks like a money grab. For tracking teams and players online, I've not seen anything more user-friendly than USSSA. One can gather quite a bit of useful info about players and coaches from that website.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
In my area, USA always runs a first-rate tournament. It's the online technology that's clunky. My visibility with PGF is more limited. I know their national level tournaments have the most prestige right now, but at the local level, it looks like a money grab. For tracking teams and players online, I've not seen anything more user-friendly than USSSA. One can gather quite a bit of useful info about players and coaches from that website.

USSSA does have a very nice and user friendly website. The issue is that USSSA is B and C level softball only in the Chicago area. None of the A caliber teams will even bother entering a USSSA tournament around this area. USSSA has 70-75 minute time limits and they charge the same amount of money as PGF does for 90 minute games.

USSSA does offer some nice National Championship tournaments for the odd year age groups 9u/11u etc.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
PGF does not really exist at all in our state, so it is USSSA, ASA, or nothing. USSSA seems to be higher quality based on an admittedly small sample size. but our HC seems to be trying to do a lot more ASA, which also all seem to be further away (seems to be a kinda geographic split in the state).

Jul 14, 2018
PGF does not really exist at all in our state, so it is USSSA, ASA, or nothing. USSSA seems to be higher quality based on an admittedly small sample size. but our HC seems to be trying to do a lot more ASA, which also all seem to be further away (seems to be a kinda geographic split in the state).

This is definitely the case in NJ. The USA Softball teams and tourneys are mostly in the northern half of the state, while USSSA dominates in the south. DD's team played a USA softball team in a non-sanctioned tourney last year. Having never heard of them before, I assumed they were new or a town travel type of team. Boy, was I wrong! They were awesome, and wore DD's team out.

I have to assume that it's mostly about tournament directors and the relationships that they have with the municipalities that own and operate the fields. The Newtown Rock, with their dedicated facilities and national-level teams, are starting to host PGF events. I could see that developing into something that the best teams from the region flock to.

May 6, 2015
This is definitely the case in NJ. The USA Softball teams and tourneys are mostly in the northern half of the state, while USSSA dominates in the south. DD's team played a USA softball team in a non-sanctioned tourney last year. Having never heard of them before, I assumed they were new or a town travel type of team. Boy, was I wrong! They were awesome, and wore DD's team out.

I have to assume that it's mostly about tournament directors and the relationships that they have with the municipalities that own and operate the fields. The Newtown Rock, with their dedicated facilities and national-level teams, are starting to host PGF events. I could see that developing into something that the best teams from the region flock to.
wow, trying to remain anonymous, and you outed me ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478