Does anyone have experience using the Power Drive?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2019
I have one with a ton of dust on it.... Yes, it'll get you into more of a sprinters posture, but that's about it...
I do however recommend the Queen of the hill. It really forces her to drive and not simply reach outward. The biggest bonus with it is the fact its adjustable...
I second this. We have had the power drive for about 6 months. I don't think it really helps you use your legs at all. Sure it gets you in the sprinter position; however, I can show my dd the pictures in the drive mechanics thread and she can get in the right position.

I Just recently bought the queen of the hill (used a coupon code..thanks Coach James) and I am very happy with it.
First night we practiced with QOTH, dd had used the power drive and looked to be in optimal position for drive but when she switched to the QOTH, she could not get the unit to double click. By the end of that practice, she started to understand what good drive was supposed to feel like and was getting the unit to double click on tension level 1 (easy spring). She figured out that the power drive still allowed her to drive more up than lateral (even though she started her drive in an okay sprinters posture). Since then the QOTH clicks are stronger and we are getting ready to increase the tension 1 level.
Here are two pictures from first practice with it. First pic is the very first time on it when she was getting no clicks.
Second pic is at the end of practice, when she started figuring out how to drive to get the machine to click.

Attachments

• 20190818_210146.jpg
    20190818_210146.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190818_210046.jpg
    20190818_210046.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 40
Nov 18, 2015
Sorry to turn this into a QOTH thread - but would this device be a good team purchase? 10U - we usually have P/C stay 30mins post-practice to get additional work in.

Probably easier to work into a team budget than expect a parent to buy on their own.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
If a training aid needs a bunch of paid endorsements, it usually isn't any good. Most training aids aren't very useful.

For this purpose it may be just as good to measure your stride length. Two giant steps is your height.

Interesting story, about two years ago I set up a meeting with the Power Drive people, it's a father and son that own and run the company. I was trying to interest them in a pitching aid that I had developed. (I'm still still trying to get it on the market in case someone's interested in a novel idea.) During our talk I asked them how they found Amanda Scarborough. The father said "We didn't, she found us. She sent us a letter which basically said I know this letter will probably end up in the trash but if it doesn't I would be happy to do a promotion for you because the Power Drive was a big help to me." They set up a date with her, rented the high speed camera, which cost several thousand dollars a day, overnighted it to Texas, shot the film and flew the camera right back. I don't know if they paid her anything or not but it wasn't the typical celebrity endorsement deal.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Sorry to turn this into a QOTH thread - but would this device be a good team purchase? 10U - we usually have P/C stay 30mins post-practice to get additional work in.

Probably easier to work into a team budget than expect a parent to buy on their own.

I’d only use one with kids who have solid plant mechanics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478