Do I make the choice for my player?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
For the state schools, money to universities has become an easy casualty for budget cuts. As everybody’s strings gets get tighter, funding for state schools has diminished, so tuition and fees have skyrocketed. My last semester in Gainesville was 35 a credit hour, my rent was 290 and books were a couple hundred I couldn’t afford.

it’s nuts.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For the state schools, money to universities has become an easy casualty for budget cuts. As everybody’s strings gets get tighter, funding for state schools has diminished, so tuition and fees have skyrocketed. My last semester in Gainesville was 35 a credit hour, my rent was 290 and books were a couple hundred I couldn’t afford.

it’s nuts.
They need to the monies to continually build new academic and dorm facilities. Trying to outdo other schools. My DD's dorm was beautiful as opposed to my cinder block square room with a shared bathroom suite. DD's apt is brand new and it is nicer than my house and costs just less than more mortgage payment.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
They need to the monies to continually build new academic and dorm facilities. Trying to outdo other schools. My DD's dorm was beautiful as opposed to my cinder block square room with a shared bathroom suite. DD's apt is brand new and it is nicer than my house and costs just less than more mortgage payment.
cinder block square room with a shared bathroom sweet,
and a cafeteria card with limited eating hours.

May 4, 2020
In a nutshell my (now 12U daughter) was on a Class A team for 3 years, last season we moved her to a B team To get more reps but we realized she is an A player.

Her Ex A team has invited her to play again and she wants to go because all her friends are on that team.

Pros: Winning team, players at same level
Cons: Win at all cost, Dont talk with parents

She also has a spot in her class B team

pros: More infeld reps, we have Parent friends
Cons: losing team, coaching is adequate, our player is best one on team

In all truth we prefer she stick with B class team, however our player has chosen to go back to the class A team.
So I need advice, do we let her decide or make a decision for her?
Let daughter decide and go where she feels most comfortable. It’s about her experience not yours.
Coaches not talking to parents is BS. I’m sure if you approach them with questions they will accommodate you.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Earlier this year both my nieces roommates tested positive for the virus. She lived in her parents basement for 2 weeks and was not allowed into the main areas of the house. They could afford it so they got her her own apartment.

Lot going on out there.

Sep 21, 2020
Did you get a reasonable explanation other than, the parents were worried?

If I could post all the text Messages, FB messages & Voicemails I would! It sounded like a bunch of BS but there is a big, long backstory...

My daughter use to play in that team about a year ago, my husband was HC for 3 years & decided he didn’t want to coach any more... he gave the team to the new HC

Update on My DD: She is playing with a second year 12U & picking up reps here & there...

Feb 3, 2016
I made a hard parenting decision (actually easy decision for me) when my daughter was on a team around that age. Be the parent not the friend.

My issues had to do the basic softball skills and training. Not friends, not win record, not other team parents. They won a ton because they had the best athletes not the best coaching.

DD was extremely upset when I pulled her after the last tournament and win of the Summer. It took a year for her to move on. She made new friends and still has the older ones.

The rub was with instruction issues and lack in-game knowledge. They could've been a top ten or twenty team in the country.

With this lack of basic instruction or in-game knowledge they would be limited to a top 100 team. It made me insane to see rookie coaching errors weekend after weekend. I found myself not wanting to watch practice or games for the first time in my life. Of course the long drive for practice didn't help the cause.

Softball is a team sport that rewards an individual players skills & hard work. Not one College takes an entire team only individual players. I did what was best for my player.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28