Do I have a good arguement?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 18, 2009
I am a coach for my daughter's 10u recreation team. We were playing in the championship game friday night having to lose 2 games. I was pretty sure that the opposing teams best pitcher only had 3 innings left. she came out and pitched in the 4th inning and I called time out and requested to see the coaches pitching sheet. We are required to put on this pitching sheet how many innings your pitchers pitched. the coach,umpire and opposing coach must sign the sheet. He was missing a game on his sheet. He was acting very nervous when I asked him about the game. He said that he did not have his pitching sheet that night and the umpire signed his scorebook. the coach did not sign and the opposing coach did not sign the book. I was at the game in question and I am about 95 percent sure she pitched 2 innings. I called the assistant coach who also keeps the book and he said he was almost positive that she pitched 2 innings. the umpire said that we had to go by what was signed on the book. My arguement is that we were given a pitching sheet to make sure that we completed after each game. I followed the rules and this coach did not. Do I have an arguement. I am thinking about presenting this to the recreation athletic director. what do you think?

Jun 24, 2008
Rules are rules. If it was required, you have what I would think is an excellent case.

That said, I wouldn't expect much to come of it either. Sounds like the game has already been played and I'm assuming you lost it. I would be highly surprised to see a game get forfeited for a rules violation after the fact in rec ball if it's anything like it is around here.

Mar 18, 2009
I know

I agree with what you said. I did lose but I protested a the time but I am thinking of going to the head of the rec league. there was a 12u team earlier in the week that had to forfiet because a pitcher who was ineligilible to pitch pitched in the game.

Jun 24, 2008
Good luck. I hope the league will at least look into your complaint. It's so sad when coaches pull this type of crap just to win a 10u rec game. Also encouraging to hear the league did make a team forfeit for throwing a pitcher who was out of innings...that's a plus for you.

Mar 18, 2009
thanks

You know I lost my first game and went on a 13 game winning streak. My girls can all hit the ball even though sometimes very inconsistently. He was intentionally walking my big hitters. I told him earlier in the season that I will always go after his hitters. we had 3 walks in he inning when his big hitter came up to bat. He only has one really big consistent hitter. I could have walked her and took my chances but we went after her and she hit a fly ball to right field that hit the line. it scored three runs and we lost by 2. His fans were very rude and were screaming at my girls. I just want to get a lead on this guy and then just pound them with hits. What can I do to get to their inexperienced pitcher. What will help me pressure her to throw more balls so that I can get a lead. any suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802