Do coaches prohibit players from studying on satellite campuses?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
What is a camp group setting?

At a college camp there is always some sort of Q&A session. They can answer general questions in this setting (again as long as it not about an individual situation) so you could ask how they handle students who have sattelite classes, residencies, harder degree programs, etc.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
Let's be realistic. Since you are referring to Uconn which is a D1 program, how would a player be able do early morning lifting, eat breakfast drive 40 miles to class and then drive 40 miles back to the main campus for 4 hour practices???? How about game days? They travel to far away places in conference too. Uconn has a new coach coming in and she needs as much stability with her players as possible. Not gonna happen.

That's what I'm trying to tell DD.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
At a college camp there is always some sort of Q&A session. They can answer general questions in this setting (again as long as it not about an individual situation) so you could ask how they handle students who have sattelite classes, residencies, harder degree programs, etc.
Good to know.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
Looks like it's a separate college with its own admissions and athletic program. If that's thew case I wouldn't think you'd be able to play at UCONN.

That's not what the Marine Science Major website page says. Students can spend their first two years at Storrs before transitioning to the Avery Point campus. Who knows, maybe she'll start at Storrs, finds she loves marine sciences more than softball and transition to the other campus-but I doubt it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12