Diving into first

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If coaches are not communicating/listening to the catchers & pitchers during innings,
The coach is missing the game right now!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
If coaches are not communicating/listening to the catchers & pitchers during innings,
The coach is missing the game right now!
This right here is where many coaches and familes get it wrong. Pitchers, catchers and coaches should be collaborating between innings to review what was asked, how it was executed, batter tendencies, what pitches are working, what the ump is giving/not giving...ya know strategery!

When I talk to Pitcher's dad that are in HS, TB or whatever, and they complain about what pitches the coaches are calling. HS coach keeps calling the curve. My DD doesn't pitch a curve, she's an up/down pitcher. Okay, has your DD told this to the coach? TB Coach doesn't call the drop, which my DD's best pitch. Okay, have you talked to the coach to help them understand the best part of your DD's pitching arsenal? The answer is usually stammering and excuses. But but but.

I feel there is not enough communication with regards to this part of the game. Pitchers should be talking with coaches on what works for her, what pitch sequences have been succesful, what pitches that are NOT working today. Don't do it one time, keep going to the coach on a continual basis. The coach will begin to trust the kid...if she is right. Then again, there might be coaches that feel that they are encroaching on territory. Those are the insecure ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478