Dirty South Bats?!?!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have heard about them...but not much first hand knowledge. I am very skittish on any independent bat company, only because the funds aren't there to R&D and produce a bat
like the big manufacturer. I remember Bass when they first came out, which is why these type companies worry me if I was buying. Bass made all bats in China and it became
a horrible company and product was garbage after the first bat because no inventory/product control. If its a no return bat, taking a chance doesn't hurt if its cheap enough...but
buying a bat with warranty when you don't know the future of the company worries me if I shelled out decent money. But don't get me wrong, I wish any new bat companies luck.

Have seen a ton of start up bat companies go by the ways of the dinosaur in short time.

Jun 12, 2015
I heard last year that they'll let you try one for free. I'm not sure about the details on that though.

Apr 1, 2016
I have a friend that demo’d a baseball bat thru them and they loved it. Said it’s got more pop than all his other big name bats in his bag. He’s been telling me I oughta try one for my daughter. May try to get a demo on the new two piece they supposed to be coming out with here soon.

Oct 16, 2014
Our team demo’ed 3 different sizes over the winter. You give them a credit card, they ship bats to you on your dime and you have something like 14 days to return or they charge for bats. In my opinion, they didn’t hit bad. Had a couple girls that liked them, but none ended up buying them. Didn’t check any exit speeds for reference.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Honestly, little pricey for one piece bats I think. One piece sp bats are the cheapest by far...and cost nowhere near 299. And yes, same tech applies. That's
why Combat had a hard time and was shut down...they stuck to one piece and didn't move forward like they should have to keep up with trend.

I wouldn't mind hitting one just to see how it is

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD used to play with a girl who played on a Dirty South team - it was an 11U team - I know that she started hitting OTF HR's once they moved over to DS bats. Multiple girls on the team. Don't know if it was the bat because the girl is just a great athlete as well.

May 12, 2016
When my kids started out they both had one piece bats..

Worth 2 Legit Light - Got very hot after 1 year use
Miken Halo Lite - One of the hottest bats my youngest DD ever had. But OMG that was a hard bat on the hands. Sting..wow! I tried it, made me want to cry on miss hits, lol

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I love one piece bats more than 2, always have and will. My comment was more on price tag, not how a one piece can hit. Feedback is the main reason one piece
isn't popular in fp anymore :)

Absolutely agree on the Halo...a VERY underrated, and little know bat.

May 12, 2016
I love one piece bats more than 2, always have and will. My comment was more on price tag, not how a one piece can hit. Feedback is the main reason one piece
isn't popular in fp anymore :)

Absolutely agree on the Halo...a VERY underrated, and little know bat.

Gotcha! She passed the Halo on to somebody else and they love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802