Dirtbags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 4, 2015
I was in the Savannah area for vacation a few weeks ago and tried to go to a Savannah Bananas vs. Macon Bacon game but couldn’t get tickets ahead of time. I also couldn’t get my wife off the beach to go to the stadium to see if we could get tickets at the gate. The Savannah Bananas claim they have sold out every home game for three years (or something like that).

It is a tough ticket to get. We go about once a year. The baseball is good and there is constant entertainment whether its a dancing 1st base coach or a couple of players leading a conga line through the stands between innings.

Nov 4, 2015
Why aren’t they just Vols? It isn’t a gendered word.

I seem to remember hearing that they went to just the Vols for a year or two and the fanbase as well as the players pushed to go back to the Lady Vols. Felt it was more of their identity and history as a team. Not sure and could be mistaken as i am getting fairly old.

May 6, 2015
love that DD is moving back to softball only org, so no "LAdy" (her last team had that) designations, just nice and simple "Prospects", love that name, says it all.

Jul 14, 2017
Since there aren’t enough travel teams in my area, I am going to start a team called The Ball Breakers. I never played softball, don’t know the official rules and my daughter will play every inning where ever she wants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 5, 2017
The first year I coached 8u I let the girls choose the color, they went with purple. I tried to convince them we should be called the Purple Bruises but they weren't having it :LOL: DD tried out for a team last night and they are the Batcats, I need to find out where that came from.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
The first year I coached 8u I let the girls choose the color, they went with purple. I tried to convince them we should be called the Purple Bruises but they weren't having it :LOL: DD tried out for a team last night and they are the Batcats, I need to find out where that came from.

Yes - 8u/10u rec names are the best when they make em up... go Pink Sledgehammer Dogs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802