Dilema .. what would you do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
At U12/U14 Nationals is about the experience to the kids. It really doesn't matter which one you go to. In the Northeast, ASA does a terrible job at this age level compared to PONY and USSSA. These two organizations make signing up for tournaments and qualifying so much more simple. By the time the girls hit U16/U18, they all wind up playing ASA if they want to play collge because that's where the recruiting takes place. But all of the best players in the Northeast played alot of PONY softball, and many attended PONY nationals over the past 10 years. Same girls, different organizations.

I agree with you, albeit on a regional level. But on a national level, the best competition is at ASA. In our area USSSA is the dominant organization.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
LOL ... no gag order ...

Things are getting hammered out ... like a giant knot in the hair of a little girl ..

Turns out lots of "he said she said" word twisting behind scenes ... still murky ...
we were going to leave, he was going to leave .....

I don't have a clear answer, a clear solution, or any real understanding of how things got so misinterpretted ... something happened behind the scenes (someone else said something and spiralled down from there) ...

I think once we all realized that this all started out great, then a rumor or twisted comment may have resulted in this ... we are willing to take a deep breath and see if it can be salvaged.
So ... kind of in limbo at the moment ...

Jul 9, 2010
Good luck with it.

I still am baffled by the contract, and by the fact that they would threaten to enforce the contract through a lawsuit or similar, unless that's part of the he-said she-said stuff.

Unfortunately, there is much more emotion and misery involved with these teams than seems reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812