digging a trench

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Referring to the indoor versus outdooor pitching surface thread.

How do we fix the trench digging?

My DD make a ? (question mark) trench ... after a while hole in front of rubber makes it look like she is leaping up ..
a couple inches deep ..
video shows her going pretty straight across hole so if dirt was there it would be legal (but I've yet to see any ump check any parent video at any field .. lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So ... fixing this proably solves a real problem and a "perceived" one

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Someone once suggested putting a piece of typing paper under the toe of the pivot foot, when pitching onconcrete. Drag the paper bu dont tear the paper. make sure you have ALOT of paper on hand.

Or

Pracice on concrete with the stride shoe on but the pivot shoe off and two socks on the foot. Very little pressure, feels fine and glides right across the concrete. A little more than that and NOT COMFY AT ALL on the ole big toe! Make sure they are old socks too

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
In the house barefoot on carpet. Nothing like a little heat from potential rug burn to get the glide toe to stop dragging so heavy.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Check where the foot is dragging, too. It should be just on that panel of the shoe that covers the big toe. It can be from the top of it down to the sole. But I see young ladies dragging the complete top of their foot.

If she is going through her cleat in that foot in just a couple of months, she probably needs to adjust her drag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom