Different tee types worth getting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
I have 3 "normal" type tees that I use for my team's hitting. In watching videos I've seen people using launch angle tees and the backspin tees. Are these really worth investing in or are they just gimmicks and just stick with the traditional tee type?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Personally, I have several Tanner Tees and they are all I use. I can't tell you whether the others you mentioned are gimmicks or not without seeing them firsthand. That said, with the correct drills, you can certainly achieve what you want to with traditional tees.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
For our needs and drills a good ole Tanner always got it done! But I will say that our org bought several of the Jugs tees and they are very nice!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Bought a Muhl Tech tee a few years ago. It's held up fine but there's been times that the arm on it was more of a problem than a benefit. In hindsight I should have bought a Tanner.

Aug 20, 2018
I use the Juggs one, and really like it. My team has 3 of them that we use all the time. I'm happy with them, but wasn't sure if adding a different type tee would even be worth it, or a waste of time/money. They feel gimmicky to me, especially the launch angle tee, which is why I asked.

Jun 19, 2012
Currently own a backspin tee tanner tee and bownet tee. Use all three equal all have held up fine in my opinion. If your a get on top of the ball kinda coach steer clear of the backspin and launch angle tee. If you teach more hitting the bottom half of the ball then definitely the backspin tee for that though other two can be used for that also. It just my opinion that the backspin tee gives the best visual effect on hitting the bottom half.

May 19, 2016
Time for us to invest in a new tee, i have been caught between the Jugs and Tanner Tee for the past two weeks.

Jan 8, 2019
Love my Tanner tee. 4 yrs and would look about new if it weren't dusty (from the fields, not from sitting around)!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478