Different sessions of a college clinic, should she go to all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
DD is a catcher, and interested in a school whose winter clinic is in three sessions. First is pitcher/catcher, second is hitting, and third is fielding. She says she does not want to go to the fielding one because she's spent most of her practice time on catching and hitting. In Saturday tournaments she will catch two games, sometimes sit the last one or plays third.

Should she attend the fielding clinic even if that is not where she focuses her time and energy?

Jul 3, 2013
If she is considering that school, spending as much time as possible around (and working with) the players and coaches is a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jul 3, 2013
I'll tell her you said that. She won't listen to me.
I feel your pain. Mine is a catcher. I've taken her to many camps where she has told me, "I'm not doing all three sessions."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2013
I think this is a great idea, if it doesn't cost an outlandish amount. I was looking at one D1 school out here on the east coast... 175 PER session. HOLY SH**! The one my DD will be going to Saturday, also a D1, 125 for the entire day. I would have been happy with something like 75 per session with a discount for 2 or 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee