Difference in 10u softball and 10u baseball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
One easy method is to always move your lead off batter from the last game to the bottom of the line up the next game. The batting order shifts up one spot every game.

My method was a little different...I batted them in the order the kids showed up at the game. The team went from kids running from the car to the dugout a minute before the game started to everyone there 30 minutes before the game.

My DD never got to lead off. I announced the rule after one game. Next game, two kids were waiting for me. The game after that, about 1/2 the team was waiting for me.

The result always surprised me. Apparently, instead of the parents reminding their kids about the game, the kids started badgering their parents about getting to the game.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
My experience is that females (as a species) are less aggressive than males so encouraging them to swing at balls they can hit pays later. Boys are the opposite.

The girls I coached with a take a walk approach at a young age ended up watching too many called strikes as they got older. The ones who I encouraged to swing at a younger age are more aggressive and have more fight in the box now at ages 16-18. YMMV.

CoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This echoes my experience, too.

A generality to keep in mind..."Boys need to play good to feel good. Girls need to feel good to play good." Be a builder of their self-confidence, as well as their skills.

Feb 21, 2017
We could just paraphrase Wayne Gretzky “you miss 100% of the balls you don’t swing at”

CoC

Feb 21, 2017

A generality to keep in mind..."Boys need to play good to feel good. Girls need to feel good to play good." Be a builder of their self-confidence, as well as their skills.

^^ 100% accurate

Oct 4, 2018

Yup. Boys are happy when they win. Girls win when they're happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802