Diamond Kinetics Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Sometimes the radar is spot on with the Jugs Cube sometimes there's a 4-6 mph difference. Still figuring out the axis. When my pitcher's throw the fastball right (which I consider spinning 1/7) it's says gyro. I've used it sparingly in lessons bc I don't want them to be distracted by it the whole time.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Nothing conclusive, but for a small pitching session, consistently the DK was around 2 mph slower than a Smart Coach pocket radar. The DK however also had a 6-8 Mph spread whereas the radar only had a 2-4 mph spread. Will have to try and do more comparisons, but dont often get my hands on the radar.

Any other comparisons out there?

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
How accurate in terms of pitch speed is this thing, is it worth the $100?

i still have the Pocket Radar in my possession and will try to get a few more comparison readings if possible. From the other research i saw on the web when comparisons were done, it seemed fairly accurate, but i am not sure that i have other variables that are causing issues. In either case, i was fine paying $100 for something that gave me some data. Probably not the best, but also one of the cheapest for some easy data collection. I will update as i get more data. Sorry if that doesn't help your decision.

Apr 17, 2019
i still have the Pocket Radar in my possession and will try to get a few more comparison readings if possible. From the other research i saw on the web when comparisons were done, it seemed fairly accurate, but i am not sure that i have other variables that are causing issues. In either case, i was fine paying $100 for something that gave me some data. Probably not the best, but also one of the cheapest for some easy data collection. I will update as i get more data. Sorry if that doesn't help your decision.

Thanks, I have a flightscope mevo, that I use for pitching speed and it reads spin. I'm just wondering if this gives me any extra data then that.

Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
Have not gotten good results with the DK ball. Rarely reads. Just finished throwing a bunch and got 5 readings? Anyone else have issue getting readings at all??

Feb 4, 2010
We have a new ball that we purchased after my daughter spent a session with Coach James. She loved the spin feedback from it. We put the iPad between her and the target. We get consistent readings every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45