Diamond Kinetic question.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
How far do you have to throw the diamond kinetic softball for the sensor to work? Do it calculate anything based on the distance thrown?

Thanks

Jul 8, 2020
I usually do the 43 feet. well probably 45 ft with distance for catching. Not sure if you get a true measure on the spin rate if you're at a shorter or longer distance of the actual pitching length.

Sep 25, 2015
Brooklin, ON
I remember hearing of some issues people were having where the ball wouldn't register a reading if it was thrown from a shorter distance. I would assume that a distance of 43 feet is only necessary to get an approximate speed. Since everyone's drive is different, it's not extremely accurate. I would also have to guess that distance has no bearing on the spin rate. I assume it measures the time between when the ball begins to spin (release) and when it stops (catch). It should then use these numbers (revs per time period) to determine spin rate. I still have mine and while it doesn't register all the time, it's pretty consistent with spin direction and revs.

Yes, it gives spin rate and spin direction when throwing into a net. There is a minimum distance.....don't exactly remember the distance, but I get great readings from 20 feet into a net.
FYI, like the RevFire, I would not use this ball for speed measurements. But then again, I like speeds measured in 10ths of a mph. The DK ball is only mildly accurate on speeds when thrown from 43 feet.....I'd say plus/minus 4 mph.

Nov 8, 2018
Yes, it gives spin rate and spin direction when throwing into a net. There is a minimum distance.....don't exactly remember the distance, but I get great readings from 20 feet into a net.
FYI, like the RevFire, I would not use this ball for speed measurements. But then again, I like speeds measured in 10ths of a mph. The DK ball is only mildly accurate on speeds when thrown from 43 feet.....I'd say plus/minus 4 mph.

Rick is right on here. You need about 20-25 feet. And speed can be up or down 5mph. Based on the company research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I've had this conversation with them directly....
Less than 25 feet of ball flight will not register.
Need to throw at least 30mph as well.
Throwing into a net from 25-30' will work fine if you're in a basement

Oct 7, 2015
What are some good spin rates for a dropball? a riseball? My daughter just got this ball/app and we see results but we don't know if that means she's got good spin or not? She's a high school junior.

fastball/dropball is about 850 RPM
riseball is about 1600 RPM

Jun 29, 2014
Put the device on a stand or something at the halfway distance. That seemed to work the best for me. I absolutely hated the device. The newer RevFire also sucked. I still have the original revfire and it's the best to date. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802